Double Chocolate Peppermint Candy Hot Cocoa Mix
With beverage prices rising at your favorite coffee shops, wouldn’t you like an inexpensive and tasty beverage you can make in your own home?
- Store mix in airtight wide-mouth containers for best quality and easy use. Possible containers include see-through canisters and canning jars. Decorate canisters with a pretty bow, or cover canning jars with a cloth tied by a bow.
- To cover canning jar, you need about ¼ yard (9 inches) of fabric. Cut a circle, preferably with pinking shears, so it hangs down about 2 inches from the jar top. Place the fabric under the band or over the band. Tie with a ribbon, holding the fabric in place with a rubber band if needed.
- Print the recipe on a card and attach it to the jar.
Enjoy this delightful mix after a hectic day of hitting the after-holiday sales. It also makes a hearty treat after a chilly afternoon of sledding, ice skating or building snow creatures!
1 c. instant skim milk powder
1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c. white sugar
½ tsp. salt
½ c. crushed peppermint candy
½ c. mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Add the skim milk powder, cocoa powder, sugar and salt to a food processor. Pulse until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer the mix to a large bowl. Add the crushed peppermint candy and mini semisweet chocolate chips. Stir until distributed throughout the mixture.
- Store mixture in an airtight, quart-sized container. Decorate container as desired.
For each serving, place 1/3 cup cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup boiling water.