Instructions for Non-student Online Payments
Individuals are able to make online payments through Campus Connection. All online payments are applied immediately to the individual’s account. Payments made using electronic checks are free. Payments made using MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit cards are charged a 2.75% or minimum $3.00 Convenience Fee.
Step 1: Obtain a Campus Connection User ID
- Go to the Campus Connection login page.
- Click the “Forgot My Password” link on the “Menu”. Do not select “Obtain a User Account” or “What is my User ID".
- Enter in the User ID provided to you by the NDSU department you are working with.
- You will then be asked to enter your birthdate. After entering please click on “Email New Password”.
- Your password will be emailed to you at the address you provided the NDSU department your initial charges are from. The email will come from the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: an email must be entered in order for you to pay charges online. If you are unsure if an email address was submitted when your account was created please contact our office and we can enter one for you if necessary.
Once you have received the email with your system generated password you can log in to Campus Connection.
Step 2: Access the Online Payment Software:
- Log into Campus Connection and select Pay Charges Online.
- This path will direct you to the North Dakota University System online payment system homepage. As you enter the online payment software you will receive a notice (please wait while we load your information). This may take longer than expected as the link collects your information.
Step 3: Set Up 'MY PROFILE'
Set up personalized information in the 'My Profile' link in the toolbar.
- Personal Profile: If an alternate email is set-up you will automatically receive an email notification once you have authorized an online payment.
- Payment Profile: A checking or savings account profile may be saved for future payment transactions. This payment profile can be modified or deleted by the individual. A saved payment method profile is not available for credit cards.
Step 4: Use the Online Payment System to Make Payments
- Click on the 'Payments' link on the toolbar and then click on 'Make a Payment' under the Most Recent Billing Statement.
- Select one of the 'Payment Methods':
- Paying by electronic check
- If a checking or savings Payment Profile was set up in 'My Profiles', that profile will be listed as an option.
- If a Payment Profile has not been set up, click on 'New Bank Account (checking/savings)'.
- Future payment dates may be established for payments using an 'electronic check'
- The credit card payments do not allow you to set dates for future payments.
- Clicking on the 'Continue to PayPath' link brings the individual to the PayPath secure credit card processing site. A non-refundable PayPath service fee of 2.75% (minimum $3.00) will be added to the credit card payment. PayPath accepts MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- The individual’s email address in the online payment software does not carry over to PayPath. Therefore, to receive a payment confirmation email, enter your email address in PayPath.
- PayPath does not save a Payment Profiles for future transactions.