Frequently Asked Questions
- What's the difference between Commencement and Graduation?
- When will I receive information about Commencement?
- Do I need tickets or guest passes for the commencement ceremony?
- How do I obtain a cap and gown for the ceremony?
- What if I need special assistance during the ceremony?
- How do I find out about lodging information for my guests?
- How long will the ceremony last?
- My name is spelled incorrectly in Campus Connection. What should I do?
- When will I get my diploma?
- What if I need to change my graduation date to a later semester?
- What are the requirements for "Graduating with Honor"?
- How am I recognized for "Graduation with Honor" at the ceremony?
- What are the approved honor cords, medallions and stoles that can be worn by candidates?
Commencement Attire (Cap, Gown, Tassel, Hood)
Gown and mortarboard cap are required academic apparel and are available for purchase from the NDSU Bookstore. Contact the Bookstore at 701-231-7761 or 800-428-8309, or visit the NDSU Bookstore web site for more information.
If You are Unable to Attend
If you are not attending the ceremony, you may request a diploma cover by contacting the Office of Registration and Records, Ceres Hall 110 (701-231-7981 or 800-608-6378).
Academic Record, Transcript, and Diploma
Learn about free services and the many ways you can stay connected, get involved, and show your pride as a new graduate of NDSU.
For questions regarding graduation requirements, including degree progress and academic honors, contact your College Liaison (Undergraduate students) or the College of Graduate and Interdisciplinary Studies (Graduate students).