Criminal Justice Career Fair
The 2024 annual Criminal Justice Career Fair is scheduled for Wednesday, September 18th from noon-3 in the Oceti Sakowin Ballroom B in the Memorial Union on the North Dakota State University campus. If your organization is interested in participating in future events and haven't attended in the past, please contact Dr. Kevin Thompson Email.
In the Fall of 2019, the Criminal Justice Club at North Dakota State University held its tenth annual career fair for students. The purpose of the career fair is to expose criminal justice majors to the various agencies and organizations throughout the region that serve as potential employers for our students. Due to the COVID19 situation, we decided it was in the best interest of the students and organizations involved to postpone the Career Fair for the Fall semester 2020. Utilizing the rooms in the Union for classes was the first priority. We came back, bigger and better, in the 2021 fall semester. The 2023 fair was a smashing success, our largest ever.
2021 career fair
This year's fair was a big success.
Among the organizations and agencies confirmed are MN Department of Corrections, Moorhead Police Department, West Central Juvenile Center, Cass County Coroner's Office, ND State Highway Patrol, Cass County Jail, Grand Forks Police Department, Federal Probation Office, NDSU Police and Safety Office, IRS Criminal Investigation, West Fargo Police Department, Fargo Police Department, Otter Tail County Juvenile Probation, Watertown Police Department, ND DEA, Minnesota State Patrol, Hennepin County Sheriff's Office, SD Highway Patrol, Olmstead County Government Center, ND Department of Corrections and Rehabiliation, Federal Prison Camp, MN Department of Natural Resources, ND Bureau of Criminal Investigation, UND School of Law, Customs and Border Protection, ND Parole and Probation, Clay County Correctional Facility, US Postal Inspection Service, Centre Inc., and Alexandria Technical College - Law Enforcement Program.
See you next year in the Memorial Union!
Meet the founder and organizer: Dr. Kevin Thompson
Dr. Kevin Thompson has organized the Criminal Justice career fair for the past 11 years. This event provides wonderful internship and employment opportunities for our students.
A big shout out of thanks to the 30+ participating agencies that helped make the 11th CJ Career Fair a rousing success.
Participants from this and years past:
- Homeland Security Investigations – HIS, East Metro Human Trafficking Task Force
- North Dakota National Guard
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- US Postal Inspection Service Denver Division | Twin Cities Field Office
- US Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- US Marshal’s Service
- Customs and Border Protection, Office of Field Operations
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- United States Marine Corps
State, County, & Municipal Agencies
- North Dakota State Highway Patrol – Southeast Region
- ND Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- MN Department of Natural Resources
- Division of Juvenile Services – Dept. of Correctional Rehabilitation ND
- Bismarck Police Department
- Fargo Police Department
- Grand Forks Police Department
- Lutheran Social Services of North Dakota
- Minneapolis Police Department
- Moorhead Police Department
- West Central Juvenile Center
- West Fargo Police Department
- St. Louis County Human Resources
- South Dakota State Patrol
- Ramsey County Sheriff’s Department
- NDSU Campus Police
- Cass County Juvenile Court
- MN Department of Corrections
- North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigation
- Cass County Jail
- Sioux Falls Police Department, Uniformed Services Bureau
- North Dakota Game and Fish
- Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office
- UND School of Law
- Minnesota State Patrol
- North Dakota DEA
- Sharehouse, Inc.
- Securitas, USA
- Target Corporation
- Rape and Abuse Crisis Center of Fargo/Moorhead