Exterior Portable Directional Signage
Directional signs are needed by many departments at NDSU to provide off campus visitors with clear directions to buildings and parking lots. It is important that these signs properly represent the image and brand of NDSU.
In the summer of 2012, 8 new directional parking signs were purchased by Facilities Management and users of the signs will be charged a fee of $25.00 per sign, per use, in order for Facilities Management to recoup the cost of the signs for repair and replacement. The signs will have a standard sized insert of 31 X 41 inches in which users will be able to customize their message, in conjunction with Publication Services.
Signs will be available on a first come, first serve basis to NDSU Campus Users. Priority will be given to the following groups, based on the roles that they must fulfill to our internal and external customer base:
- Orientation and Student Services
- Registration and Records / Commencement
- Career Center
- Conference Programs
- University Relations
- Residence Life
- Fine Arts
- Student Government
Rental Cost of Signs: $25 per sign, per use. Maximum of five (5) consecutive days by a single group.
Agreed Upon Roles for Each Entity
- Complete required Facilities Management Service Request 14 days prior to the date the sign is required. Fund numbers will be required at the time of reservation / work order generation.
- Consult with Publication Services for design of sign inserts.
- Print sign inserts at an appropriate printer (Memorial Union Sign Shop is equipped) and provide to Facilities Management.
- Sign inserts pick up is the responsibility of the sign user at the completion of sign rental.
- Signs will be used on NDSU Campus and arterial streets as directional aids.
- Store signs when not in use.
- Place signs based on work order.
- Place the appropriate inserts into each sign (to be described in the Service Request and provided by the requestor).
- Notify sign users of Requirement to use Publication Services for Design of sign inserts.