Transfer students must complete the following steps at least one week prior to their registration date.
Step 1: Complete the You Belong Here Online Orientation
- The You Belong Here online orientation is required for all new students before you register for classes. It provides foundational informaiton that will answer many questions about the NDSU community, student life, finances, academics, and more.
- Completion is estimated to take one hour, and you may stop and return as often as you wish.
- Completion requires you to submit the post-orientation survey at the end of You Belong Here.
- Your family and friends may also complete You Belong Here by using the guest login option. This will help them be well-informed and involved in supporting your success.
- Access You Belong Here using your NDSU Electronic ID (soon to be named Bison Login) and the student login option.
Step 2: Complete math and English placement assessments
- Placement in classes that match your ability and experiences is important to steady degree progress and academic success. Read about the placement assessments and how to access them by clicking the button below.
Step 3: Send Documents
Send Official Transcripts
- Send your official final transcripts to the NDSU Office of Admission.
- Information for sending official documents to NDSU is here.
Send ACT or SAT and Advanced Placement (AP) Scores
- All students who would like to be considered for scholarships that require an ACT or SAT test score should submit their official score to the NDSU OFfice of Admission.
Have you changed your major?
- If you wish to change your major from the one you listed on your application to NDSU, update us at email@example.com or (800) 488-6378 (option 2). Please include your seven-digit NDSU ID in communications.
Step 4: Make an On-Campus Orientation Reservation
- Transfer students are recommended to attend an on-campus Orientation. Instructions for class registration will be sent to you by email after completing the steps above.
- Spring 2024 Orientation dates are November 17 or January 8, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm.
- Instructions for making a reservation have been sent to your email.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
On-campus Orientation is designed to help you prepare for your first semester at NDSU! Throughout the day, you will:
- Begin making connections with other new and returning students.
- If you will live on-campus, you will learn about campus living and amenities and meet Residence Life staff. If you will live off-campus, you will learn about commuter student services and meet with staff.
- Eat lunch in a dining center.
- Register for your first semester of NDSU classes with the guidance of an Academic Advisor.
- Learn about finances at NDSU and get your questions answered.
- Receive your NDSU ID card.
- Campus tours will be available.
- Your family members are invited to attend orientation so they can also be well-informed. You and your family members will attend some orientation sessions together and some apart. It is not possible for family members to attend class registration with you due to space constraints. Academic advisors will assist you.