- Claim your N.D. University System Account ID and password
- Activate your electronic ID and password
- Complete and submit housing application OR exemption request form
- Log into your NDSU email account and check it regularly
- Send final transcripts
- Send official ACT/SAT scores, if applicable (not required, but encouraged if you have scores)
- Submit your immunization records. Please carefully read through requirements and how to submit the immunization documents.
- Upload your photo for your NDSU ID Card
- Prepare for class registration by completing
- The NDSU Math Placement Test
- The NDSU English Placement Survey
- The NDSU advising survey
- Check Campus Connection for any Holds or To-Do Items
- Attend New Student Orientation, during which you will register for classes.
- Order textbooks online at the NDSU Bookstore (open April 19 for summer semester and June 23 for fall)
- Contact NDSU Disability Services if you may need accommodations
- Complete and submit FAFSA
- Complete all steps in the Financial Aid Guide for new students
- Contact the NDSU Military & Veterans Certifcationoffice in Ceres 211 or via email if you intend to use GI Bill educational benefits.
- Apply forreciprocity (if MN resident)
- Set up an Authorized User if others will make payments on your behalf
- Search for part-time jobs on or off campus
Prepare for a Successful Transition
- Learn about NDSU's response to and mitigation efforts for the COVID-19 pandemic
- Download the Navigate app
- Contact your roommate
- Purchase a parking permit
- Complete eCHECKUP TO GO
- Log in to the Wellness Center Portal
- Explore degree planning with Degree Map in Campus Connection
- Check out involvement opportunities with myNDSU
- If you will have a job on- or off-campus, you will need to bring documentation as proof of identification when you complete a Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification) prior to starting the job. The documentation must be originals, not photocopies or photos of the documents. A list of acceptable documents can be found here. You will need to have one document from List A. Alternatively, you could have one document from list B and one from list C.