Welcome to Disability Services
Our office is located in Wallman Wellness Center, 170.
Telephone Number: 701-231-8463
Fax Number: 701-231-5205
The mission of NDSU Disability Services is to collaborate with the NDSU community to facilitate equal access to academic pursuits, promote self-advocacy, and foster inclusion for students with disabilities.
Disability Services (DS) assists both students with disabilities, and faculty and staff working with students with disabilities. DS staff members can:
- Provide individual consultation regarding the possible presence of a disability, making referrals when appropriate.
- Determine eligibility for accommodations and services, explain how to access services, and provide assistance when arranging accommodations.
- Consult with students, faculty and staff and partner with NDSU personnel to implement appropriate accommodations.
Disabilities are often identified as one of the following:
- Qualifying health impairments
- Other cognitive impairments
NOTE: Disability Documentation is maintained in the Disability Services office as confidential information and is not available to faculty or staff outside this office without written authorization from the student.
Students are encouraged to speak with instructors and Disability Services staff about accommodations well before the term begins to allow enough time to make necessary arrangements. Although instructors may need to be flexible with accommodations, they will hold students with disabilities to the same academic standard as other students.