Department of Soil Science
- Ph.D., Colorado State University
- M.S., B.S., South Dakota State University
- My current research involves iron chlorosis in soybeans...variety screening for tolerance to Fe chlorosis, fertilization and other cultural practices for the alleviation of iron chlorosis. I also have worked for over 20 years on fertilizer management for wheat.
- Researcher of the Year, Fluid Fertilizer Foundation, 1999.
- Werner Nelson Award, for "outstanding contribution in the development of soil fertility and plant nutrition management to increase crop yields for the benefit of the American farmer and consumer...." Fluid Fertilizer Foundation, 1994.
- Great Plains Soil Fertility Leadership Award, "in recognition of timely and innovative soil fertility related contributions leading to increased profitabilty for American Agriculture...." Great Plains Soil Fertility Conference, 1992.
- Honorary Member Award, "in recognition of outstanding contributions to the fluid fertilizer industry..." National Fertilizer Solutions Association, 1989.
- Crops and Soils Award, "for excellence in agricultural journalism," American Society of Agronomy, 1987.