Do you want to feel inspired? Look over these reports. They show how kids in North Dakota are growing plants and serving their communities!
HIGHLIGHTS OF 2021
IMPACTS ON YOUTH
Approximately 4,060 youth participated in 54 projects. Project leaders reported their youth:
• Developed skills in gardening and science.
• Learned how to eat a healthy diet and enjoyed being active in the garden.
• Gained experiences in helping their community through public service.
IMPACTS ON COMMUNITIES
• Established gardens at schools to support their educational programs.
• Beautified schools, parks, day care centers, senior care centers, churches, zoos, fairgrounds, government buildings, a hospital and city streets.
• Donated 16,000 pounds of fresh vegetables to food banks, churches, school lunch programs, senior care centers, veterans, shut-ins, New Americans and other needy families.
• Provided deaf children and youth-at-risk with opportunities to grow a garden.
• Forged partnerships among businesses and organizations in communities.