The NDSU Architecture Program prepares students to make lasting design contributions to the human environment. Students gain a detailed grasp of fundamental architectural principles, while mastering advanced modeling technologies and following actual projects through to their completion. Our state-of-the-art classrooms and design studios provide architectural inspiration of their own, located in the heart of historic downtown Fargo.
We offer a four-year Bachelor of Science in Architecture and a one-year Master of Architecture program that are fully accredited by the National Architectural Accreditation Board (NAAB). For more information click here (www.naab.org/home). Together, these degrees provide a solid foundation for design excellence that meets the requirements for professional licensure. In order to become a licensed architect, you must complete an accredited professional degree, an internship, and pass the state’s licensing exam.
Through the generosity of alumni, friends, and professional organizations, the Department of Architecture and Landscape Architecture is able to award a number of scholarships and awards to its students: More Information→
Career guidance for students begins with first-year students who are introduced to the professions of Landscape Architecture and Architecture in their introductory lecture classes. Upon admission to the department, student knowledge of the professions, career opportunities, and how to prepare for the professional world are expanded in a number of ways, including:
- Interaction with our departmental Advisory Board of distinguished alumni, representing architecture firms from around the nation
- Exposure to nationally and internationally known practitioners through our lecture series
- Portfolio reviews by alumni and faculty
- Regular posting of job opportunities through the student e-mail list service
- Support from the NDSU Career Center with resume and portfolio preparation
- Career Center job listings and organization of annual Design Expo job fair.
Additional information on the professions of Landscape Architecture and Architecture may be found at the following links:
- NDSU Career Center
- AIA – The American Institute of Architects
- AIAS – American Institute of Architecture Students
- NCARB – The National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- The Emerging Professional's Companion
- NAAB – National Architectural Accrediting Board
- ACSA – Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture
- IDP Reporting Instructions 2013-14