Interior Design Program Accreditation
The Interior Design Program leading to a Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degree is accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation, www.accredit-id.org 206 Grandville Avenue, Suite 350, Grand Rapids, MI, 49503. The Interior Design program received re-accreditation in 2016. The Interior Design program is also accredited through the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
The CIDA-accredited program prepares students for entry-level interior design practice, for advanced study, and to apply for membership in professional interior design organizations. The Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degrees granted by North Dakota State University meets the educational requirement for eligibility to sit for the National Council for Interior Design Qualification Examination (NCIDQ Exam). For more information about NCIDQ Exam eligibility visit https://www.cidq.org/eligibility-requirements .
The interior design program received re-accreditation in 2016. The interior design program is also accredited through the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
Student Achievement Data
North Dakota State University, Interior Design, Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts
It typically takes a full-time student taking approximately 16 credits per semester four years to complete the degree program. Credits per semester may vary if student has transferred to the program with credits and the minor he/she may select to support their interior design degree.
The following data was collected using institutional records and alumni e-mails following the 2023 spring graduation. All graduating students have responded to e-mail to complete this data collection process
Student Attrition and Retention
Admission into the second-year professional program comes at the conclusion of the first year of the pre-professional program and is based upon demonstrated professional interest and involvement; a 3.0 institutional cumulative GPA, and a minimum grade of C in all major core requirements. Students must maintain the 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA requirement and a grade of C or better in all major core requirements throughout the remainder of the program.
Fall 2022 First Year Cohort
Spring 2023 student applications meeting admission requirements
Students from Fall 2022 cohort enrolled as of Fall 2023
Cohort Retention Rate
Of the students graduating in spring 2023, 88% graduated in 4 years (12% students not completing in 4 years were transfer students, students completing a second major, or students that took a gap year from the interior design curriculum).
Acceptance into Graduate Programs
No students that graduated in 2023 have applied for graduate school.
94% of students who graduated in May 2023 are employed in interior design. Remaining alumni 6% are actively searching for employment in design following graduation.
Alumni Career Locations