Embed Qualtrics survey
Unauthenticated Qualtrics surveys from NDSU's Qualtrics instance can be embedded into web pages. Before you begin, double-check that it makes sense to embed the Qualtrics "form" in your CMS page rather than link to the survey. Multi-page surveys often do not make sense within the context of a department webpage, whereas a survey that just looks like a form is suited to being embedded within a department page. Need help getting started using Qualtrics?
Note: Surveys that require NDSU authentication can not be embedded into any web page. You must link to the survey in that case.
You can embed a default survey as-is, but modifying the survey to use a plain white theme and adding a snippet of script will make the survey appear as though it is part of the page. Here's how:
- Log in to Qualtrics
- Edit the survey you plan to embed
- Click Look & Feel
- Click Theme North Dakota State University tab
- Click the Blank theme box
- Click the General tab
- Click the edit link under the Header field
- Click the Source WYSIWYG button
- Click Save twice to get back to the main survey edit page
- Click the Distributions tab
- Click the +Distribute Survey button
- Click the Get a single reusable link button
- Copy the provided link (looks like
- Log in to CMS
- Create a new Qualtrics content element (Form > Qualtrics)
- Paste the link address from step #13 into the Form URL field
- Save and close; publish as usual
Copy the following code in its entirety, without modification where prompted in step 8 (above). If you don't include it in your Qualtrics survey, the survey frame will not be able to automatically scale to the size of the survey and visitors may need to scroll to see all of the survey fields.