Scheduling an International Student Advising Appointment
In the area of International Student Services at NDSU, we provide advising and guidance for undergraduate and graduate international students. We offer pre-departure advising related to orientation and immigration for prospective and admitted international students, and ongoing advising for matters such as immigration requirements, employment, health and personal issues, and academic problems, and we advise graduated students on matters related to employment and other immigration status matters. Our office also handles on-campus programming and activities with an international focus such as International Week and also our Speakers Fair, where international students visit area schools to share their culture with young students in our community.
For F-1 international students, advising assignments are made alphabetically by last/family name, and all J-1 students are assigned to an advisor based on their J visa status.
We are located in Memorial Union, Room 116
Our office is open weekdays, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Winter Break and Summer Hours: 7:30am - 4:00pm.
Appointments are available during the following dates and times, based on advisor availability.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
10:00-12:00 and 1:00-3:00
How to Schedule an International Student Advising Appointment
- Log in to Student Success Collaborative (SSC): https://ndsu.campus.eab.com
- To log into SSC, use your Blackboard log-in information
- Choose Schedule an Advising Appointment in the blue box in the upper-right corner of SSC
- Choose International Student Services Advising
- Choose the appropriate reason – F-1 Advising (by your last name) or J-1 Advising
- Choose Memorial Union 116 (ISSAS Office)
- Choose a time, and confirm the appointment.
- Please note - do not schedule based on name of your international advisor. At times we make changes to advisors available for appointments based on student enrollment and advisor schedule (if another advisor is absent temporarily for example), so for F-1 students, please schedule only based on your last name (A-J or K-Z).
Other ways to communicate with your Advisor
Remember, you can always email or your advisor with quick questions as well, or drop off your completed paperwork for your advisor to review, and they will be in contact with you. Please see our Immigration page for information on paperwork and processing times.
Andrew Tanem - Andrew.Tanem@ndsu.edu
International Student Advisor/Programming Coordinator