All students, regardless of major, are invited to audition for Theatre NDSU and newfangled theatre company productions.
For a perusal scripts, please contact Artistic Director Jess Jung.
Audition sign-ups are located on the bulletin board across from the theatre office (Ask 107) in Askanase Hall. Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your audition time.
Please bring the completed information sheet (pdf) to your audition, along with a copy of your class schedule.
Late, A Cowboy Song by Sarah Ruhl
Audition dates: August 26 1:00-4:00pm / August 27 6:30-9:30pm (Walsh Studio Theatre)
Callbacks: August 28 5:00-8:00pm (Walsh Studio Theatre)
Production Dates: October 11-13 & 17-20
Director: Hardy Koenig
- Please prepare the following Click here.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare
Audition dates: August 26 1:00-4:00pm / August 27 6:30-9:30pm (Askanase Auditorium)
Callbacks: August 28 8:00-11:00pm (Askanase Auditorium)
Production Dates: November 29-30, December 1 & December 5-8
Director: Jess Jung
- Please prepare two of the following. Click here.
Liminal: a folktale Devised by the Ensemble Audition dates: October 14th 1:00-4:00pm / October 15th 6:30-9:30pm (Walsh Studio Theatre) Callbacks: October 16th 8:00-11:00pm (Walsh Studio Theatre) Production Dates: February 14-16 & 20-23 Director: Marc Devine
- Please prepare the following: click here.
Book by Claudia Shear and Tim Federle; Music by Chris Miller; Lyrics by Nathan Tysen
Audition dates: October 14th 1:00-4:00pm / October 15th 5:00-7:30pm (Askanase Auditorium)
Callbacks: October 16th 5:00-7:30pm (Askanase Auditorium)
Production Dates: April 4-6 Director: Lori Koenig
- Please prepare one of the following readings: click here.
Please also prepare a song cutting from the show. Song cuttings can be found on the call board and in the theatre office (Askanase 107)
For both shows:
- Please fill out an auditions information sheet. These are available on the theatre arts website, as well as in the Theatre Office in Askanase 107. Audition information sheets will also be available during auditions from the stage manager.
- Audition sign-ups are located on the callboard across from the theatre office (Ask 107) in Askanase Hall. Do not leave slots open; sign up for the earliest slot available, if you leave an hour in between audition slots there may not be anyone there when you arrive.
- Please arrive at the theatre and be ready to go at least 20 minutes ahead of your audition time.
- Please bring your schedule so you can notify the stage manager of any conflicts you may have.
- If you have a headshot and a resume, please submit them with your audition information sheet.
- Theatre NDSU has an open audition policy. If you are not an NDSU Theatre major and are interested in auditioning, please sign up even if you are not sure how to prepare! We welcome non-majors and Tri-College participants.