All students, regardless of major, are invited to audition for Theatre NDSU and newfangled theatre company productions.
For a perusal scripts, please contact Artistic Director Jess Jung.
Audition sign-ups are located on the bulletin board across from the theatre office (Ask 107) in Askanase Hall. Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your audition time.
Please bring the completed information sheet (pdf) to your audition, along with a copy of your class schedule.
Into the Woods Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, Book by James Lapine
Auditions: November 17th 1:00-6:00pm (Askanase Hall)
Callbacks: November 18th 5:00-8:00pm (Askanase Hall)
Production Dates: February 27-29 & March 1 Director: Brandy Austin
- Please prepare the following Click here.
The Velveteen Rabbit by Philip Grecian, based on the book by Margery Williams
Auditions: November 17th 1:00-6:00pm (Walsh Studio Theatre)
Callbacks: November 18th 8:00-11:00pm (Walsh Studio Theatre)
Production Dates: April 24-25 & April 30-May 2
Director: Jess Jung
- Please prepare (memorize) two of the monologues included here.
For both shows:
- Please fill out an auditions information sheet. These are available on the theatre arts website, as well as in the Theatre Office in Askanase 107. Audition information sheets will also be available during auditions from the stage manager.
- Audition sign-ups are located on the callboard across from the theatre office (Ask 107) in Askanase Hall. Do not leave slots open; sign up for the earliest slot available, if you leave an hour in between audition slots there may not be anyone there when you arrive.
- Please arrive at the theatre and be ready to go at least 20 minutes ahead of your audition time.
- Please bring your schedule so you can notify the stage manager of any conflicts you may have. All conflicts must be approved by the director prior to casting (by noting them on your audition sheet).
- If you have a headshot and a resume, please submit them with your audition information sheet.
- Theatre NDSU has an open audition policy. If you are not an NDSU Theatre major and are interested in auditioning, please sign up even if you are not sure how to prepare! We welcome non-majors and Tri-College participants.