The Newfangled Theatre Company strives to challenge and enlighten audiences by presenting bold, innovative works of theatre. Each Newfangled Theatre production is entirely student-directed, designed, and produced. The company is a branch of Theatre NDSU, and combines the commitment to theatrical excellence with the daring, "newfangled" vision of the next generation of theatre artists.
2018-2019 Production Board
The responsibility of the student production board is to facilitate and oversee an entirely independent, student‐run production season that encompasses and employs students' acting, directing, management, and technical skills in a professional atmosphere and that reflects the voice of a young generation of theatre artists.
- Chair: Zach Christensen
- Vice‐Chair: Riley Dubord
- Treasurer: Marc Michaelson
- Publicity and Marketing Manager: Miranda Pautzke
- Production Manager: Ethan Geisness
The board's duties:
- Oversee the Newfangled production season
- Choose the upcoming year's season
- Read plays
- Listen to suggestions from the student body
- Narrow down and choose productions that best suit our department and the student body needs
- Select the production teams for each newfangled production
- Receive applications, interview and vote on applicants
- Divide the budget (determined by the faculty) between both shows in the season
- Seven-Eleven Project (Oct 26 & 27, 2018)
- Performance Studio - Friday Evenings Beginning January 2019
- Two spring shows are planned, watch for more information.