Adjunct Associate Professor
State Health Officer
ND Department of Health
Graduate Certificate in Quality, Patient Safety, and Outcomes Research
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Master in Business Administration, Healthcare Management concentration
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Master of Public Health, Public Health Administration concentration
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Doctor of Medicine
Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
Bachelor of Science, Biology
American University of Beirut
Board Certified in Healthcare Management as Fellow of The American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE)
Certified in Public Health (CPH) by the National Board of Public Health Examiners (NBPHE)
Selected Peer-Reviewed Articles
- Baughman AW, Renton M, Wehbi NK, Sheehan EJ, Gregorio TM, Yurkofsky M, Levine S, Jackson V, Pu CT, Lipsitz LA. Building community and resilience in Massachusetts nursing homes during the COVID-19 pandemic. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2021 Jul 26. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34310686. https://doi.org/10.1111/jgs.17389
- Wani RJ, Watanabe-Galloway S, Tak HJ, Chen LW, Wehbi N, Wilson F. Utilisation of emergency departments of behavioural disorders and supply of workforce in Nebraska. Evid Based Ment Health. 2020 May;23(2):57-66. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/ebmental-2019-300125
- Wani RJ, Tak HJ, Watanabe-Galloway S, Klepser DG, Wehbi NK, Chen LW, Wilson FA. Predictors and Costs of 30-Day Readmissions After Index Hospitalizations for Alcohol-Related Disorders in U.S. Adults. Alcoholism, Clinical and Experimental Research. 2019 May;43(5):857-868. https://doi.org/10.1111/acer.14021
- Gregg A, Kim J, Tak HJ, Wang H, Tibbits M, Wehbi N. Money, Managed Care, and Medicaid Initiatives Matter: Patient-centered Medical Home Capacity in School-based Health Centers. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 2019;30(1):202-220. http://doi.org/10.1353/hpu.2019.0016
- Soliman GA, Kim J, Lee JM, High R, Hortman S, Kim Y, Wehbi NK, Canedy J. Wellness programme at the workplace promotes dietary change and improves health indicators in a longitudinal retrospective study. Public Health Nutrition 2019 Feb;22(2):354-362.2. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1368980018002380
- Wehbi NK, Wani RJ, Klepser DG, Murry J, Khan AS. Impact of implementing a technology platform in community pharmacies to increase adult immunizations rates. Vaccine. 2019 Jan 3;37(1):56-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2018.11.043
- Wehbi NK, Wani R, Yang Y, Wilson F, Medcalf S, Monaghan B, Adams J, Paulman P. A needs assessment for simulation-based training of emergency medical providers in Nebraska, USA. Advances in Simulation (London, England). 2018 Nov 23;3:22. https://doi.org/10.1186/s41077-018-0081-6
- Rampa S, Wilson FA, Wang H, Wehbi NK, Smith L, Allareddy V. Hospital-Based Emergency Department Visits With Dental Conditions: Impact of the Medicaid Reimbursement Fee for Dental Services in New York State, 2009-2013. The Journal of Evidence-based Dental Practice 2018 Jun;18(2):119-129. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jebdp.2017.08.004
- Kim Y, Lee JM, Kim J, Dhurandhar E, Soliman G, Wehbi NK, Canedy J. Longitudinal associations between body mass index, physical activity, and healthy dietary behaviors in adults: A parallel latent growth curve modeling approach. PLoS One. 2017 Mar 15;12(3). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0173986
- Zouladeny H, Dille I, Wehbi NK, Kim JY, Soliman AS. Epidemiologic and Clinical Profiles of Breast Diseases in Niger. Int J Cancer Oncol. 2015;2(2). https://doi.org/10.15436/2377-0902.15.015
- Kim J, Wehbi N, Dellifraine JL, Brannon D. The joint relationship between organizational design factors and HR practice factors on direct care workers' job satisfaction and turnover intent. Health Care Manage Rev. 2014 Apr-Jun;39(2):174-84. https://doi.org/10.1097/HMR.0b013e31828c8b8f
Published Reports and Policy Briefs
- Wehbi NK, Mosalpuria K, Deras M, Palm D, Wilson FA, and Carritt N. The Status of the Nebraska Healthcare Workforce. Omaha, NE: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Health Policy; 2020. https://www.unmc.edu/publichealth/chp/_documents/Workforce_2020.pdf
- Wilson FA, Tatar M, Mosalpuria K, Lamsal R, Palm D, Wehbi NK, Chen LW. The Predicted Impact of Medicaid Expansion on Nebraska’s Hospital Providers. Omaha, NE: UNMC Center for Health Policy; 2018.
- Wilson FA, Wehbi NK and Khan AS. Economic Implications of Tobacco Use for the State of Nebraska Government. Omaha, NE: UNMC Center for Health Policy; September 2018.
- Wilson FA, Wehbi NK, Larson J, Mosalpuria K, Chen E, and Deras M. The Status of the Healthcare Workforce in the State of Nebraska. Omaha, NE: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Health Policy; February 2018. https://www.unmc.edu/familymed/education/ahec/workforce-analysis/status-healthcare-workforce-2018.pdf
- Wilson FA, Wehbi NK, Larson J, Chen LW. The Impact on Youth Smoking of Increasing the Cigarette Tax in Nebraska: An Update for 2018. Omaha, NE: UNMC Center for Health Policy; February 2018.
- Wehbi NK, Watanabe-Galloway S, Wani R. Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Tool Implementation at CHI Health Outpatient Clinic, University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Public Health. May 11, 2017.
- Wilson FA, Wehbi NK. A Review of Evidence in Support of Smoke-Free Campuses. Omaha, NE: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Health Policy; April 2017.
- Wilson FA, Wehbi NK, Larson J, Chen LW. Predicted Impact on Youth Smoking from Increasing the Cigarette Tax in Nebraska. Omaha, NE: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Health Policy; March 2017.
- Su D, Meyer E, Do K, Wehbi N and Tibbits M. Listen to my story: Perspectives of African-American mothers and male offenders on violence in Omaha, Nebraska. University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Public Health. February 10, 2017.
- Tibbits M, Wehbi N, Meyer E, Bekmuratova S, and Su D. Community Leader Perspectives on addressing violence in Omaha, Nebraska. University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Public Health. December 2016.
- Wilson FA, Wehbi NK, Mosalpuria K, Chen LW. Raising the Minimum Legal Age for Purchasing Tobacco in Nebraska. Omaha, NE: UNMC Center for Health Policy; December 2016.
- Wilson FA, Wehbi NK, Mosalpuria K. An Overview of State Criteria for Declaring a Public Health Emergency. Omaha, NE: UNMC Center for Health Policy; October 2016.