The purpose of hall government is to create connections and provide opportunities for the student voice.
Each hall is governed by a legislative body (Hall Government) consisting of executive officers, community representatives and all residents of the hall. They all meet on a regular basis and serve a variety of functions, including setting a budget for the hall funds, purchasing equipment for the hall, discussing and offering solutions to problems occurring within the halls, and planning and implementing hall events.
Hall governments meet on Wednesdays at 7pm, and are open to all students living in the halls.
Leadership Opportunities within Hall Government:
- President: Serves as the leader of the Hall Government and its Executive Board, and facilitates the weekly meetings. The President shall serve as a representative of Hall Government to the Residence Hall Association (RHA).
- Vice President: In the absence of the President, the Vice President will serve as the leader of the Hall Government and its Executive Board, and facilitates the weekly meetings. The Vice President shall serve as a representative of Hall Government to the Residence Hall Association (RHA).
- Administrative Directors: Serves as the treasurer and historian of Hall Government. This includes facilitating and maintaining the budget, taking minutes, and creating monthly newsletters.
- Event Board Representative: Serves as the Hall Government liaison to the Event Board. Responsible for the planning and execution of campus-wide events.
- Campus Service Representative: Serves as the Hall Government liaison at the weekly meetings with campus departments, such as NDSU Police Department, Dining and IT.
- Diversity Initiative Leaders: Serves as the Hall Government representative for all student lead diversity-related initiatives.
- Community Representatives: Serves as the representative of their assigned community.
Apply by 11:59pm on Sunday, August 27, 2023.