Technology Fee Advisory Committee
This Committee meets periodically during the academic year (except during academic break periods) to discuss and formulate recommendations to the Vice President for Information Technology about supporting projects that improve the information technology capabilities on campus by the appropriate use of the technology fee.
Student Technology Fee Impact
Partially funding many technology programs and initiatives, the student technology fee can currently be seen in various areas on campus:
- Providing partial funding for Blackboard (online course management system; file storage).
- Increasing the number of instrumented classrooms.
- Purchasing, installing, and maintaining all hardware and software for clusters and classrooms.
- Providing funds for student IT employees.
- Supplying equipment such as digital cameras, digital video cameras, and laptop computers for checkout for academic purposes.
- Offering walk-in assistance, student technology classes, and training and workshop seminars.
The student technology fee funds a broad range of projects designed to improve the information technology capabilities and services for students, faculty and staff. Proposals specifically addressing innovative uses of technology to improve instruction and student learning are encouraged.
If you have questions regarding the efforts of this committee's work, please contact the chair of the committee at 231-6748 or Anne.Denton@ndsu.edu, or the Vice President for Information Technology at 231-5646 or Marc.Wallman@ndsu.edu
Action Plan proposals due Jan. 12, 2018
Action plan proposals for campus projects that will improve the quality of education and campus life for students at NDSU through information technology are invited. The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Friday, Jan. 12, 2018. Proposal forms and guidelines are available at https://www.ndsu.edu/tfac/forms/.