All faculty and staff are encouraged to become a VALOR Ally.
To become a VALOR Ally must agree to do the following:
1. Complete (at a minimum) PsychArmor Course 15 Things Veterans Want You to Know;
2. Review the Resources for Allies;
3. Review the Resources for Military and Veteran Students;
4. Be listed on VALOR's webpage as an Ally and prominently display the VALOR decal in your work space;
5. Create an environment that welcomes student veterans and invites them to talk openly;
6. Treat student veterans with respect and dignity;
7. Assist, and advocate for, student veterans as is appropriate within NDSU policy and the Student Code of Conduct;
8. Encourage student veterans who have experienced or witnessed acts of bias, bigotry, or hate on the NDSU campus to
report those experiences at https://www.ndsu.edu/equity/forms/bias_reporting/ so they can be addressed;
9. Continue to learn about issues relevant to the military and student veterans.
If you are willing to commit to being a VALOR Ally, please complete this sheet, scan (or photograph) and return it via email to email@example.com or via campus mail to Carol Cwiak, 428 Minard, B12.