If you are receiving benefits under Chapter 30, 1606, or 1607, use the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or call the toll free Interactive Voice Response telephone line at 1-877-VA-ECERT (1-877-823-2378) to verify your attendance.
To enroll in Direct Deposit, please do one of the following:
- Login to WAVE (or create an account if you are a new user). On the WAVE main page, click on the link that says "Direct Deposit Enrollment Form". This form can be submitted electronically, or you can print out a hard copy and mail it to your local Regional Processing Office.
- Call the Direct Deposit center at 1-877-838-2778
If you are new to WAVE and your enrollment has not yet been processed, you may not be able to create a WAVE account. You will gain access once your enrollment has been processed.
To update your Direct Deposit by phone, contact Direct Deposit center at 1-877-838-2778.
- Visit the WAVE login page
- Click the "Login Instructions" icon above the login section and follow the instructions for logging in to WAVE
- Once you have logged in, click the "Change of Address" link on the left
- If you don't have access to WAVE, these requests can be submitted using the "Ask a Question" tab in the "Questions and Answers" section of the GI Bill® web site.
Changes of address can be completed by calling 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551)
You can contact the VA by calling 1-888-442-4551 or sending an email by clicking on the "Ask a Question" link on the GI Bill® web site. Be sure to include your file number in the body of your message.
Qualified students must provide the following documentation:
- A letter from the VA stating that the veteran is deceased or permanently and totally disabled due to a service-connected injury.
- A copy of a birth certificate that indicates the student is a dependent of the veteran and proof of the veteran's North Dakota residency (DD-214 or documentation showing at least 10 consecutive and current years of residency).
All students who believe they might qualify should contact the NDSU VA Representative for further assistance.