If you are receiving benefits under Chapter 30, 1606, or 1607, use the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or call the toll free Interactive Voice Response telephone line at 1-877-VA-ECERT (1-877-823-2378) to verify your attendance.
To enroll in Direct Deposit, please do one of the following:
- Login to WAVE (or create an account if you are a new user). On the WAVE main page, click on the link that says "Direct Deposit Enrollment Form". This form can be submitted electronically, or you can print out a hard copy and mail it to your local Regional Processing Office.
- Call the Direct Deposit center at 1-877-838-2778
If you are new to WAVE and your enrollment has not yet been processed, you may not be able to create a WAVE account. You will gain access once your enrollment has been processed.
To update your Direct Deposit by phone, contact Direct Deposit center at 1-877-838-2778.
- Visit the WAVE login page
- Click the "Login Instructions" icon above the login section and follow the instructions for logging in to WAVE
- Once you have logged in, click the "Change of Address" link on the left
- If you don't have access to WAVE, these requests can be submitted using the "Ask a Question" tab in the "Questions and Answers" section of the GI Bill® web site.
Changes of address can be completed by calling 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551)
You can contact the VA by calling 1-888-442-4551 or sending an email by clicking on the "Ask a Question" link on the GI Bill® web site. Be sure to include your file number in the body of your message.
Qualified students must provide the following documentation:
- A letter from the VA stating that the veteran is deceased or permanently and totally disabled due to a service-connected injury.
- Copy of Certificate of Eligibility stating student is eligible to receive Chapter 35 benefits.
- A copy of a birth certificate that indicates the student is a dependent of the veteran
- Proof of the veteran's North Dakota residency (DD-214 or documentation showing at least 10 consecutive and current years of residency).
All students who believe they might qualify should contact the NDSU SCO for further assistance.
HAVE QUESTIONS about Military Education Benefits?... Please contact:
Military and Veterans Certification
112 Morrill Hall
NDSU Dept. 2801 / P.O. Box 6050 / Fargo, ND 58108-6050
701-231-7985 (local) / 800-608-6378 (toll free) /701-231-8959 (fax)