North Dakota State University is proud of the number of academically talented students who enter the university each year. Although the scholarship selection process is quite competitive, all interested students are encouraged to complete the scholarship application or contact the appropriate department for consideration.
- Students scoring a 24 composite or higher on the ACT (SAT equivalent of 1140 in Math and Critical Reading) who have a 3.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) are invited to apply for scholarships.
- To be considered for scholarships, you must be admitted to NDSU by the February 1 scholarship application deadline.
- Transcripts and test scores received after the February 1 deadline will not be considered for scholarships.
- The February 1 scholarship deadline has passed. Students may still complete the scholarship application, but note that your application will be considered late and may be reviewed on a funds available basis until June 1.
Competition for these scholarships is quite high often causing the minimum test score and GPA to be greater than the above criteria.
Students entering NDSU for the first time are considered for freshman scholarships if any of the following criteria are met:
- high school seniors who have or have not earned college credit or
- high school graduates who have not attended any post-secondary institution.
Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen with a Social Security Number or a permanent resident.
Various awards are available.
**Please note you must have Adobe Reader
Download the PDF to your computer
Complete all fields and save the PDF
Submit the completed application by one of the following methods:
• Email: Penny.Hoesel@ndsu.edu
• Fax: 701-231-8802
Office of Admission
NDSU Dept. 5230
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108
All applications must be received or postmarked no later than February 1.