North Dakota State University is proud of the number of academically talented students who enter the university each year. Students applying for admission for fall 2017 are encouraged to review the scholarship opportunities below.
- Students who have submitted all required application materials and meet required scholarship criteria as of the December 15, 2016 priority deadline are guaranteed one of the following scholarship awards at the time of admission.
- Students completing the admission process after December 15 will be considered for scholarships on a funds-available basis.
|ACT/SAT Scores (SAT=Evidence-Based Reading and Writing + Math)||Cumulative |
|Freshman Scholarship Award|
|NDSU Presidential Scholarship||32+ ACT or 1450+ SAT |
|3.5+ GPA||$12,000 |
($3,000/year for a maximum of four years)
|Presidential Honor Scholarship||29-31 ACT or 1350-1440 SAT |
|3.5+ GPA||$10,000 |
($2,500/year for a maximum of four years)
|Provost's Scholarship||25-28 ACT or 1200-1340 SAT |
|3.5+ GPA||$6,000 |
($1,500/year for a maximum of four years)
* Required score for students who took the SAT prior to March 5, 2016.
Additional Named Scholarships
- Students scoring a 24 or higher on the ACT (SAT equivalent of 1160 in Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math combined score) who have a 3.5 cumulative GPA are encouraged to apply for additional named scholarships.
- Click on the scholarship application graphic below for a full listing of scholarships available at NDSU. You must be admitted to apply for these scholarships, but you may review the criteria prior to application.
- Click below to access the scholarship application. The deadline for consideration is February 1, 2017.
Not all Colleges and/or Departments utilize the online scholarship application. Be sure to check with your College and/or Department for additional scholarship application instructions.
The scholarship application is provided through AcademicWorks. Scholarship opportunities have varying deadlines and may also rely on FAFSA information for need-based awards. Be sure to submit all applications early to allow for optimal consideration. You may receive e-mails from AcademicWorks if you are selected for a scholarship or need to provide additional information for a scholarship opportunity. To ensure proper e-mail delivery, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to spam filters. AcademicWorks supports the latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge.