Lambda Pi Eta
Omicron Beta Chapter
Lambda Pi Eta was established in 1985 by the students of the Department of Communication at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, under advisor Stephen A. Smith. It became a national society in 1987, and became the official National Communication Association Honor Society in 1995.
The goals of this national honor society are:
- To recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies.
- To stimulate interest in the field of communication.
- To promote and encourage professional development among communication majors.
- To provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication.
- To establish and maintain closer relationships and mutual understanding between speech communication studies faculty and students.
- To explore options for graduate education in communication studies.
For further information contact Dr. Zoltan Majdik, our Lambda Pi Eta chapter's faculty advisor.