Purchase an NDSU Gift Certificate toward a professional development (PD) credit for a K-12 educator you know. Gift certificates come in $10, $25, and $50 denominations and have no expiration date. (You can request larger or smaller denominations too.)
Gift certificates for PD credit make a great gift for a K-12 teacher, because the teacher gets to save on professional development credits that are required to maintain their teaching license, but also schools, parents, colleagues, and the community benefit from the knowledge these teachers learn in their classes. Gift certificates also make excellent teacher awards, PTA/PTO teacher appreciation gifts, and you can put it on your wish list for family and friends to purchase them for you.
You may order a gift certificate in one of two ways.
- In the name of the individual you would like to give it to. You will need to know their email address. Note that these individuals will receive the gift certificate code immediately after you purchase it.
- In your own name and gift it to another individual. This works well when you are giving the gift certificate for a holiday or birthday and you do not want them to know about it until the actual day. It also works well for those times when you are giving an award and you either don't know who will be selected yet or if you know their name but are surprising them with the award. If you choose to do it this way, you can download our fillable PDF gift certificate and enter the gift certificate code that gets emailed to you. The individual you give the gift certificate to can use the code on our website to pay for a class they enroll in.
Follow these steps or watch the tutorial video to order a gift certificate.
- Go to our gift certificate ordering site >>
- Select the denomination of your gift certificate by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- Fill out the information for the person giving and receiving the gift certificate. Add a personal message if you would like. then click "Add to Cart." (If option 2 in the list above is how you are purchasing a gift certificate, here is where you will enter your information as both the giver and receiver.)
- Go to your shopping cart in the upper right corner.
- Scroll to the bottom. Read and agree to the terms of service. Then click "Checkout."
- Select "Checkout as Guest." (If you already have an account you can login to access saved payment types or you can create an account.)
- Individuals checking out as a guest or creating a new account will need to fill out a form with their billing address and click "update." Account holders will select the payment address from the drop-down box.
- Under payment method, select "Credit Card." Also check the "I am not a robot" box.
- Select "Add Credit Card Details." Account holders will be asked to select the card they want to use.
- Enter credit card details and click "Next."
- The gift certificate code will be emailed to the individual you chose to send it to. If you sent it to yourself, remember to download our fillable gift certificate as something physical you can give to the individual you chose.
Be sure to treat your gift certificate code like cash. If you need to order amounts that are larger or smaller than what is listed or you need assistance, contact the Office of Teaching and Learning at 701-231-7015 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.