Office of Teaching and Learning
Teaching and learning help us understand our world. The Office of Teaching and Learning believes:
- All students can learn.
- All teachers must continue to learn.
- We learn together.
- There is richness to our differences that make it worthwhile to learn together.
- Active learning strategies maximize learning.
The Office of Teaching and Learning is a supportive place to find workshops, resources, and assistance to better your teaching. We have extensive experience with successful grant writing at all levels, and our staff is available to work with you as part of your grant application team. We also have meeting space available for your education-related initiatives. Our reach is broad, encompassing all subject areas and interdisciplinary approaches to education.
Be sure to refresh your webpage to view the newest events.
- JULY 24 - 27, 2017 // STEM Kids Camp
- JULY 31 - AUGUST 3, 2017 // STEM Kids Camp
- AUGUST 14 & 15, 2017 // Graduate Learning Conference For College Teaching
- AUGUST 16 & 17, 2017 // Gateways-ND Cohort 2 Third Workshop Series
- AUGUST 21, 2017 // Booth at New Graduate Student Orientation - Stop by and say hi!
- AUGUST 23, 2017 // NDSU Teach-in // Call for Proposals Due
- SEPTEMBER 1, 2017 // Peer Teaching Partnership Applications Due
- SEPTEMBER 15, 2017 // Gateways-ND Cohort 3 Applications Due
- OCTOBER 4, 2017 // NDSU Teach-in // Why Science?: Let's Figure It Out Together
- MARCH 30, 2018 // Workshop Proposals Due // Avenues of Scientific Discovery
- FEBRUARY 14, 2018 // Avenues of Scientific Discovery
What are the values that define teaching and learning in the National Science Foundation-funded Gateways-ND program? Here are a few: All students can learn successfully, Education research should inform teaching, and Student-centered teaching practice enhances learning. Read more about Gateways-ND values.