Office of Teaching and Learning
Teaching and learning help us understand our world. The Office of Teaching and Learning believes:
- All students can learn.
- All teachers must continue to learn.
- We learn together.
- There is richness to our differences that make it worthwhile to learn together.
- Active learning strategies maximize learning.
The Office of Teaching and Learning is a supportive place to find workshops, resources, and assistance to better your teaching. We have extensive experience with successful grant writing at all levels, and our staff is available to work with you as part of your grant application team. We also have meeting space available for your education-related initiatives. Our reach is broad, encompassing all subject areas and interdisciplinary approaches to education.
Be sure to refresh your webpage to view the newest events.
- JANUARY 15, 2018 // Workshop Proposals Due // Avenues of Scientific Discovery
- JANUARY 17, 2018 // Assessment Workshop // Graduate Program Student Learning Outcomes Assessment: Promising Practices
- JANUARY 22, 2018 // Major Maps Workshop - The Basics
- JANUARY 22, 2018 // Create a Major Map
- JANUARY 23, 2018 // Major Maps Workshop - The Basics
- JANUARY 23, 2018 // Create a Major Map
- FEBRUARY 7, 2018 // The Art of Dining - Buffets
- FEBRUARY 14, 2018 // Avenues of Scientific Discovery
- MARCH 1, 2018 // Applications due for Award for Excellence in Course Assessment
- MARCH 1, 2018 // Applications due for Amy Rupiper Taggart Award for Excellence in Program Assessment
- APRIL 7, 2018 // Expanding Your Horizons
- MAY 8, 2018 // Society of Children's Book Writers International - Dakota Region annual meeting roundtable // K-12 educators invited
We Learn Together Blog
This new blog for the Office of Teaching and Learning focuses on a variety of teaching-related subjects. The We Learn Together Blog researches and writes posts about different teaching techniques that may enhance your teaching.
Interested in learning more about a specific topic or have a desire to write for the blog? Send your suggestions and/or an outline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the values that define teaching and learning in the National Science Foundation-funded Gateways-ND program? Here are a few: All students can learn successfully, Education research should inform teaching, and Student-centered teaching practice enhances learning. Read more about Gateways-ND values.