Office of Teaching and Learning
Teaching and learning help us understand our world. The Office of Teaching and Learning believes:
- All students can learn.
- All teachers must continue to learn.
- We learn together.
- There is richness to our differences that make it worthwhile to learn together.
- Active learning strategies maximize learning.
The Office of Teaching and Learning is a supportive place to find workshops, resources, and assistance to better your teaching. We have extensive experience with successful grant writing at all levels, and our staff is available to work with you as part of your grant application team. We also have meeting space available for your education-related initiatives. Our reach is broad, encompassing all subject areas and interdisciplinary approaches to education.
Be sure to refresh your webpage to view the newest events.
- JANUARY 23, 2018 // Major Maps Workshop - The Basics
- JULY 23 - 26, 2018 // STEM Kids Camps // 9 to noon & 1 to 4 p.m.
- JULY 30 - AUGUST 2, 2018 // STEM Kids Camps // 9 to noon & 1 to 4 p.m.
- AUGUST 13 & 14, 2018 // Graduate Teaching and Learning Conference // For TAs and GAs
- AUGUST 14 & 15, 2018 // Gateways-ND 2017-2019 Cohort Workshop
- AUGUST 14 & 15, 2018 // Gateways-ND 2016-2018 Cohort Workshop
- SEPTEMBER 13, 2018 // 12 to 1 p.m. // Gateways-ND Pedagogical Talk with Q & A Session with Dr. Jacques Berlinerblau // Educational Innovation Lectureship Series
- SEPTEMBER 13, 2018 // 2 to 3 p.m. // Freedom of, and from, Religion: Understanding the American Secular Tradition. // Educational Innovation Lectureship Series
We Learn Together Blog
This new blog for the Office of Teaching and Learning focuses on a variety of teaching-related subjects. The We Learn Together Blog researches and writes posts about different teaching techniques that may enhance your teaching.
Interested in learning more about a specific topic or have a desire to write for the blog? Send your suggestions and/or an outline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the values that define teaching and learning in the National Science Foundation-funded Gateways-ND program? Here are a few: All students can learn successfully, Education research should inform teaching, and Student-centered teaching practice enhances learning. Read more about Gateways-ND values.