Family & Consumer Science Education
North Dakota State University reviews applications to the program on an ongoing basis. If you select NDSU as your home/degree-granting institution, you must take the following steps to be admitted:
- Apply for admission to the NDSU Graduate School.
- Contact the FACS Advisor (Mari.Borr@ndsu.edu) to determine additional application materials that may be required by the department.
- Review the Student Handbook.
- Start completing the Certification Plan.
- Work with the FACS Advisor to develop a program of study. If you wish to be certified in a state other than North Dakota, this will require that you:
- Contact the appropriate state agency or university FACS teacher educator in the state where you want to be certified/licensed to obtain information about the certification/licensure standards in that state.
- Develop the certification plan and program of study and obtain approval from the appropriate certification official in the state where you wish to be certified.
- Submit the certification plan to the FACS Graduate Advisor.