The following resources are available to NDSU faculty, staff, and students who are pregnant and parenting:
Students that wish to request pregnancy accommodations should contact Disability Services at 701-231-8463 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Students may also visit https://www.ndsu.edu/disabilityservices/ for further information.
Employees (staff and faculty) that wish to request pregnancy accommodations should contact Human Resources at 701-231-8961 or email@example.com. Employees may also visit https://www.ndsu.edu/hr/ for further information.
The Pregnant Scholar - This online toolkit addresses Title IX protections for University students, faculty, and administrators who are pregnant and parenting.
NDSU has the following lactation rooms, fitting the criteria included in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA - see below), available:
- A. Glenn Hill Center - First Floor, Northeast corner
- Aldevron Tower - First and Sixth Floors
- Barry Hall - Room 199L
- Bentson/Bunker Fieldhouse - Lower Level
- Hastings Hall - First Floor
- Hultz Hall - Room 241
- Memorial Union - First Floor on the south side of Brostrom Lounge
- Minard Hall - Room 299L
- Nursing- Bismarck Site - Room 132 – The Lactation Room is located down the hall from the main floor restrooms.
- Sanford Health Athletic Complex (SHAC) Room 1034 (Locker Room #1) - To utilize this space, please contact Maggie Duncan, Assistant Director of Facilities and Operations, at 701-318-3714 prior to your visit to the SHAC to receive information on how to obtain keys to the room.
- Stevens Hall - First Floor
- Sugihara Hall - Fourth floor
To see these locations in map form, follow this link to the Facilities Management page: https://www.ndsu.edu/fileadmin/facilities/Gender_Neutral_Family_Lactation.pdf
Other Options for Lactation Space:
The following spaces offer privacy, access to electrical outlets, and comfortable seating, but might be located in single-occupancy restroom facilities:
- Hultz Hall Room 210 (located in a curtained-off area in a single-occupancy restroom)
- Wellness Center's Childcare Center - Available by appointment with priority to mothers with children in the Childcare Center. Call the front desk at 231-5203 to make an appointment. The lactation room is in a curtained -off space in the staff lounge.
NDSU Policy 213 - Rest Periods
This policy addresses rest periods available to University employees for the purposes of expressing breast milk. Employees are encouraged to work with their supervisors to ensure that appropriate arrangements are made in a timely manner.
The full policy can be found at: https://www.ndsu.edu/fileadmin/policy/213.pdf
Members of the NDSU campus community seeking support or information to assist them with their breastfeeding/pumping needs, to identify appropriate lactation space, or for other questions or concerns related to pregnancy and/or lactation can contact the Equal Opportunity & Title IX Compliance Office at 231-7708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.