The financial aid service enables students to pursue their educational objectives at North Dakota State University.
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), ensures that all eligible individuals can benefit from federally funded or federally guaranteed financial assistance for education beyond high school.
For application procedure or other information regarding to FAFSA at NDSU, please go to One Stop.
Scholarship Opportunities for 2024-2025
The NDSU Academic Scholarship Application for current NDSU students is now available! Don't miss out on an opportunity to apply for scholarship funding for next year. To apply for general NDSU scholarships and scholarships selected by NDSU academic colleges and departments, complete the application by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
The deadline date for accepting the NDSU scholarship(s) application is March 1, 2024 for incoming freshmen and currently enrolled students. Transfer students have until April 1, 2024.
- Once you submit the online scholarship application, make sure to log in to the NDSU ASA periodically to see if there are any new scholarships recommended for you that require additional responses.
- If you applied prior to Dec. 1, log back in to check for recommended scholarships that were not open previously.
- Be sure to complete the 2024-25 FAFSA by February 1st to be considered for any need-based scholarships offered by NDSU.
- Don’t forget to periodically check the available external scholarships (those offered by organizations outside of NDSU). Once you click on the “apply now for scholarships” button, go to “opportunities” -> “external” to view and/or apply for these scholarships.
Industrial and Manufacturing Scholarships
Many scholarships are available to students enrolled in specific academic programs. Recipients are selected upon the recommendation of the appropriate departmental scholarship committee. We are very thankful to our generous donors that make the following IME department specific scholarship's possible:
- Aipperspach, James D & Roselyn K Endowed Scholarship
- Two awards given to incoming freshman students
- Biltonen, Frank E. Scholarship
- Awarded to a full-time student majoring in Industrial Engineering.
- Heller, Gordon Scholarship
- Two awards given to students majoring in Industrial Engineering. Recipients must be actively participating at NDSU and have proven scholarship ability and leadership. Recipients may not be Freshmen and must display the potential to make a special contribution in the field of engineering.
- IME Chair Scholarship
- Awarded to first year students majoring in IME. Recipients must be high-performing, misrepresented and demonstrate financial need. Award can be renewed based on recipient's performance.
- Kasson, Bruce Industrial Engineering Scholarship
- Awarded to a Sophomore majoring in Industrial engineering. Recipient must demonstrate financial need and be a North Dakota resident.
- Madson, Paul & Sharon Industrial Engineering Scholarship Endowment
- Four awards given to students majoring in Industrial Engineering who demonstrate financial need. Recipient must be a Junior or Senior at time of disbursement.
- Ruud, Phillip W. Industrial Engineering Scholarship
- Awarded to a student majoring in Industrial Engineering.
- Stanislao, Dean Joseph Scholarship
- Awarded to a student in IME with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Vareberg Family Engineering Scholarship Endowment
- Awarded to a student majoring in either Industrial Engineering and Management or Electrical Engineering with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Recipient may not be a Freshman.Preference is given to students who graduated from high school in ND, SD, or MN and also to students who can demonstrate involvement in a student activity at NDSU.
- Vettel Family IME Scholarship
- Awarded to first year students majoring in IME. The preferred recipient would have an ACT of 28 or higher and demonstrate financial need. Renewable for sophomore year if recipient maintains a GPA of 3.25 or higher.