The spring 2023 standard admission application is now open for the Bismarck site.
Applications for Bismarck are accepted on a rolling basis with preference given to those submitted by October 20, 2022.
Please read the Application Instructions for NDSU School of Nursing prior to beginning the application.
**Update regarding admission requirements: Per School of Nursing policy, all required nursing courses must be completed for a letter grade. Included in this policy is the requirement that students applying to the School of Nursing must earn a letter grade on all courses required for admission and cannot use a pass/fail option (this policy excludes AP credits). If an applicant has questions about the policy or questions and/or concerns about their grades, they are encouraged to contact the School of Nursing advisors, Amanda Groom in Fargo and Tammy Heupel in Bismarck.
- October 20 – Online application filled out and submitted, Application fee paid, Background check completed and submitted, Background check fee paid
- October 21 – FlipGrid Personal Statement Day (8am to 4pm CST)
- October 31 – Nov 3 – Kaplan Admission Exam
- Late November – Decisions and notification sent via email
*For Bismarck site applicants: More information regarding the admissions exams will be sent once it becomes available. Please view the section at the bottom of the page for more information about Bismarck education incentives.
Please Note: If you are admitted, there are additional costs before beginning the Nursing courses:
- $100 reservation fee to reserve your space in the class. This fee is nonrefundable.
- Fingerprinting and FBI Background Check at Orientation (costs vary per site between $30-$45, depending on services required)
- Bison Card: If you currently have a Bison card, you do not need to submit a new picture. If you submit for a new card, you will be charged $20.00.
The Nursing Program online application will be available in mid-March (for fall admission) and mid-August (for spring admission). All documents must be on file in the School of Nursing by:
- Fargo site: April 20 for both fall and spring start
- Bismarck site: April 20 for fall admission, and October 20 for spring admission
Students enrolled at NDSU in the pre-nursing program are encouraged to consult their pre-nursing academic advisor prior to the application deadline.
Eligibility for Admission
- Admission to North Dakota State University as a pre-nursing major (for the term of program start)
- For information about applying to NDSU, please visit NDSU Admissions
- Completion of the Nursing Program application
- Submission of the application capacity fee & background check
- Submission of a FlipGrid video response
- Completion of an admissions test and an interview upon request
- Provide any additional items as requested
View Admission page for more information.
Application Capacity Fee
A $50.00 application capacity fee is due upon submission of Nursing Major application. Credit/debit/checking account information can be used.
Certified Background Check
The Certified Background Check can be completed before or after submitting the online application.
Use code NO96 in the "place order" box. Follow directions to continue the order and pay the fee ($55.75, is subject to change) for the background check. Note, the “O” is the letter “O” and not a zero.
This fee is in addition to the program application capacity fee and is nonrefundable.
The School of Nursing receives your results. You do not need to submit or send anything to the School of Nursing.
APPLY FOR EDUCATION INCENTIVES
Apply for financial aid and scholarships through NDSU. For students applying for the Bismarck site, you may also apply for financial resources of $5,000 per semester up to $20,000 from Sanford Health Medical Center - Bismarck, available for qualified students who meet specific criteria.* Contact Sanford Health Medical Center - Bismarck at 877-243-1372 for information. View the criteria for the Sanford Health Medical Center - Bismarck financial incentive.
*Acceptance into the NDSU Nursing at Sanford Health - Bismarck program provides no guarantee of qualification for the financial resources option from Sanford Health Medical Center - Bismarck. Students must apply directly to Sanford Health Medical Center - Bismarck and must meet eligibility criteria for the nursing education incentive financial resources.