Spring 2020 Application to the School of Nursing
Currently ONLY NDSU Nursing at Sanford Health, Bismarck is accepting applications for Spring 2020. Please refer to the schedule listed below. Apply for Spring 2020 semester by October 20, 2019.
APPLY FOR EDUCATION INCENTIVES
Apply for financial aid and scholarships through NDSU. For students applying for the Bismarck site, you may also apply for financial resources of $3,000 per semester up to $12,000 from Sanford Health Medical Center - Bismarck, available for qualified students who meet specific criteria.* Contact Sanford Health Medical Center - Bismarck at 877-243-1372 for information. View the criteria and how to apply for the Sanford Health Medical Center - Bismarck financial incentives.
*Acceptance into the NDSU Nursing at Sanford Health - Bismarck program provides no guarantee of qualification for the financial resources option from Sanford Health Medical Center - Bismarck. Students must apply directly to Sanford Health Medical Center - Bismarck and must meet eligibility criteria for the nursing education incentive financial resources program.
Please read the Application Instructions for NDSU School of Nursing prior to beginning the application.
Application to the Professional Nursing Program - Application currently closed
Please Note: If you are admitted, there are additional costs before beginning the Nursing courses:
- $100 reservation fee to reserve your space in the class. This fee is nonrefundable.
- Fingerprinting and FBI Background Check at Orientation (costs vary per site between $30-$45, depending on services required)
- Bison Card: If you currently have a Bison card, you do not need to submit a new picture. If you submit for a new card, you will be charged $20.00.
The Nursing Program online application will be available in mid-March (for fall admission) and mid-August (for spring admission). All documents must be on file in the School of Nursing by:
- Fargo site: April 20 for both fall and spring start
- Bismarck site: April 20 for fall admission, and October 20 for spring admission
Students enrolled at NDSU in the pre-nursing program are encouraged to consult their pre-nursing academic advisor prior to the application deadline.
Eligibility for Admission
- Admission to North Dakota State University as a pre-nursing major (for the term of program start)
- For information about applying to NDSU, please visit NDSU Admissions
- Completion of the Nursing Program application
- Submission of the application capacity fee & background check
- Submission of a personal statement Video
- Completion of an admissions test and an interview upon request
- Provide any additional items as requested
View Admission page for more information.
Application Capacity Fee
A $50.00 application capacity fee is due upon submission of Nursing Major application. Credit/debit/checking account information can be used.
Certified Background Check
The Certified Background Check can be completed before or after submitting the online application.
Use code NO96 in the "place order" box. Follow directions to continue the order and pay the $50.75 fee for the background check. Note, the “O” is the letter “O” and not a zero.
This fee is in addition to the program application capacity fee and is nonrefundable.
The School of Nursing receives your results. You do not need to submit or send anything to the School of Nursing.