Campus Connection Help for Administrative Staff
ACCESS, DEFINITIONS, & COMMON NAVIGATIONS
The portal may be accessed directly at http://studentadmin.connectnd.u
s or from several web sites, including the NDSU home page, One Stop, and Registration and Records.
Log in to the Campus Connection portal using assigned UserID and Password. To request initial access or changes to current access, complete and submit a Campus Connection Security Access Request form available at www.ndsu.edu/registrar/facstaff.
- Institution = NDSU1
- Term Code = Last two digits of the fiscal year (i.e., 09 for FY2009 or academic year 2008-09), followed by a term digit (1 for fall, 3 for spring, and 4 for summer – note: 2 is only used historically for winter quarter), followed by a zero. Following are term codes for use: 0910 (fall 2008), 0930 (spring 2009), 0940 (summer 2009); 1010 (fall 2009).
- Catalog Number = Course Number (i.e.: 101, 411, 799)
- Class Number = Code given to each class section for registration purposes
- Unit = Credit
- Subject = Prefix (i.e., PSYC)
- Academic Program = Program of study or major by level (i.e., UGBIO for Undergraduate program of study in Biology)
- Academic Plan = Track within academic program, such as degree track (BS-BIOL, MS-CPM), pre-professional track (Pre-Pharmacy), second major (ND-MJPSY) or minor (ND-MNCJ)
- Academic Subplan = Option, cognate or emphasis within an academic plan (i.e., Pre-Law subplan within BS-POLS or Political Science major)
- Career = Classification or Level (UGRD>Undergraduate; GRAD>Graduate; PROF> Professional (Pharm.D. only); and CNED>Continuing Education Professional Development (non-degree credit activity). Each career begins a new academic record and transcript at NDSU with separated credit and GPA totals.
- Academic Organization = Department (i.e., NDSU-DPCOM for Dept. of Communication)
- Academic Group = Academic College (i.e., College of Business)
- EMPLID or ID = Identification number assigned to each student.
- Session = Length of term or blocks within a given term (i.e., regular session, first four-weeks, last 8-weeks, etc.). Each session has its own set of drop/add/refund deadlines per ND University System policy.
- Location = Code used for fee billing purposes (i.e.: Not Covered by Tuition Cap, Tri-College, etc.)
User Defaults may be set by going to Set Up SACR > User Defaults (set institution, term, etc.) to facilitate navigation. Update as needed.
Favorites may be set by navigating to the desired screen and clicking the Add to Favorites link in the top-right blue menu bar. Favorites can then be viewed in the main left navigation menu by expanding My Favorites.
- Holds (Negative Service Indicators) are indicated on the top of student records with a red prohibit symbol . Click on symbol for details and where to refer student.
- Positive Service Indicators (i.e.,: FERPA releases) are indicated with a red star  at the top of a student record. Click on the star for details and where to refer student.
View All Link:
A View All link appears on blue header bar when multiple entries exist for a particular item. This occurs when data is updated or added. Click on View All for history.
Add/Update may occur if [+] and/or [-] boxes appear on the top bar of a screen.
Student data pages are available by either following the links in the blue menu bar on the left side of the screen or in the folders in the center of the page.
- ACADEMIC ADVISING REPORT (TRACK STUDENT PROGRESS TOWARD DEGREE COMPLETION)
Academic Advisement > Student Advisement > Request Advisement Report
- ACADEMIC TESTING (ACT/SAT Scores)
Records & Enrollment > Transfer Credit Evaluation > Academic Test Summary
Records & Enrollment > Student Background Information > Student Advisor
- CLASS PERMISSIONS
Records & Enrollment > Term Processing > Class Permissions
- CLASS ROSTERS
Curriculum Management > Class Roster > Class Roster
- CLASS SECTION ENROLLMENTS
Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Update Sections of a Course (click ‘view all’)
- CONTACT INFORMATION (PHONE, EMAILS, ADDRESSES, etc.)
Campus Community > Personal Information > Biographical > Addresses/Phones
- COURSE CATALOG
Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog
- CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS
Student Financials > View Customer Accounts
- ENROLLMENT REQUEST
Records and Enrollment > Enroll Students > Enrollment Request
- GRADE ROSTER
Curriculum Management > Grading > Grade Roster
- INSTRUCTOR SCHEDULE
Curriculum Management > Instructor/Advisor Information > Instructor Schedule
- PROGRAM PLAN (STUDENT MAJOR/MINOR)
Records & Enrollment > Career & Program Information > Student Program Plan
- QUERY MANAGER
Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer
- RESIDENCY DATA
Campus Community > Personal Information (Student) > Identification (Student) > Residency Data
Campus Community > Personal Information > Search/Match
- STUDY LIST (STUDENT SEMESTER SCHEDULE)
NDU Applications > NDU Student Records > Inquire > Study List Print
- TERM ACTIVATION
Records & Enrollment > Student Term Information > Term Activate a Student
- TERM HISTORY
Records & Enrollment > Student Term Information > Term History
- TRANSCRIPT REQUEST
Records & Enrollment > Transcripts > Request Transcript Report
- TRANSFER SUMMARY REPORT (LISTING OF TRANSFER WORK WITH NDSU EQUIVALENT)
Records & Enrollment > Transfer Credit Evaluation > Transfer Credit Summary
- VIEW SCHEDULE OF CLASSES (CLASS SEARCH)
Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Class Search