Campus Connection Help for Administrative Staff
ACCESS, DEFINITIONS, & COMMON NAVIGATIONS
The portal may be accessed directly at http://studentadmin.connectnd.u
s or from several web sites, including the NDSU home page, One Stop, and Registration and Records.
Log in to the Campus Connection portal using assigned UserID and Password. To request initial access or changes to current access, complete and submit a Campus Connection Security Access Request form available at www.ndsu.edu/registrar/facstaff.
- Institution = NDSU1
- Term Code = Last two digits of the fiscal year (i.e., 20 for FY2020 or academic year 2019-20), followed by a term digit (1 for fall, 3 for spring, and 4 for summer – note: 2 is only used historically for winter quarter), followed by a zero. Following are term codes for use: 2010 (fall 2019), 2030 (spring 2020), 2040 (summer 2020); 2110 (fall 2020).
- Catalog Number = Course Number (i.e.: 101, 411, 799)
- Class Number = Code given to each class section for registration purposes
- Unit = Credit
- Subject = Prefix (i.e., PSYC)
- Academic Program = Program of study or major by level (i.e., UGBIO for Undergraduate program of study in Biology)
- Academic Plan = Track within academic program, such as degree track (BS-BIOL, MS-CPM), pre-professional track (Pre-Pharmacy), second major (ND-MJPSY) or minor (ND-MNCJ)
- Academic Subplan = Option, cognate or emphasis within an academic plan (i.e., Pre-Law subplan within BS-POLS or Political Science major)
- Career = Classification or Level (UGRD>Undergraduate; GRAD>Graduate; PROF> Professional (Pharm.D. only); and CNED>Continuing Education Professional Development (non-degree credit activity). Each career begins a new academic record and transcript at NDSU with separated credit and GPA totals.
- Academic Organization = Department (i.e., NDSU-DPCOM for Dept. of Communication)
- Academic Group = Academic College (i.e., College of Business)
- EMPLID or ID = Identification number assigned to each student.
- Session = Length of term or blocks within a given term (i.e., regular session, first four-weeks, last 8-weeks, etc.). Each session has its own set of drop/add/refund deadlines per ND University System policy.
- Location = Code used for fee billing purposes (i.e.: Not Covered by Tuition Cap, Tri-College, etc.)
User Defaults may be set by going to  in the top right corner > Navigator > Set Up SACR > User Defaults (set institution, term, etc.) to facilitate navigation. Update as needed.
Favorites may be set by navigating to the desired screen and clicking the Add to Favorites link in the top-right blue menu bar. Favorites can then be viewed in the main left navigation menu by expanding My Favorites.
- Holds (Negative Service Indicators) are indicated on the top of student records with a red prohibit symbol . Click on symbol for details and where to refer student.
- Positive Service Indicators (i.e.,: FERPA releases) are indicated with a red star  at the top of a student record. Click on the star for details and where to refer student.
View All Link:
A View All link appears on blue header bar when multiple entries exist for a particular item. This occurs when data is updated or added. Click on View All for history.
Add/Update may occur if [+] and/or [-] boxes appear on the top bar of a screen.
Common Navigations in Campus Connection 9.2 (July 2019 upgrade):
- ACADEMIC ADVISING REPORT (TRACK STUDENT PROGRESS TOWARD DEGREE COMPLETION)
Navigator > Academic Advisement > Student Advisement > Request Advisement Report
Optional tile navigation if security allows: Academic Advisement > Request Advisement Report
- ACADEMIC TESTING (ACT/SAT Scores)
Student Records Tile > Transfer Credit Evaluation > Academic Test Summary
Student Records Tile > Records & Enrollment > Student Advisor
- CLASS PERMISSIONS
Student Records Tile > Curriculum Management > Class Permissions
- CLASS ROSTERS
Student Records Tile > Curriculum Management > Class Roster
- CLASS SECTION ENROLLMENTS
Student Records Tile > Curriculum Management > Update Sections of a Course (click ‘view all’)
- CONTACT INFORMATION (PHONE, EMAILS, ADDRESSES, etc.)
Campus Community Tile > Person Information
- COURSE CATALOG
Student Records Tile > Curriculum Management > Course Catalog
- CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS
Student Financials Tile > View Customer Accounts
- ENROLLMENT REQUEST
Student Records Tile > Records and Enrollment > Enrollment Request
- GRADE ROSTER
Student Records Tile > Curriculum Management > Grade Roster
- INSTRUCTOR SCHEDULE
Navigator > Curriculum Management > Instructor/Advisor Information > Instructor Schedule
- PROGRAM PLAN (STUDENT MAJOR/MINOR)
Student Records Tile > Records & Enrollment > Student Program Plan
- QUERY MANAGER
Student Records Tile > Reporting > Query Viewer
- RESIDENCY DATA
Campus Community Tile > Person Information > Residency Data
Campus Community Tile> Person Information > Search/Match
- STUDY LIST (STUDENT SEMESTER SCHEDULE)
Navigator > NDU Applications > NDU Student Records > Inquire > Study List Print
Optional tile navigation if security allows: NDU Student Records > Inquire > Student List Print
- TERM ACTIVATION
Student Records Tile > Records & Enrollment > Term Activate a Student
- TERM HISTORY
Student Records Tile > Records & Enrollment > Term History
- TRANSCRIPT REQUEST
Student Records Tile > Records & Enrollment > Request Transcript Report
- TRANSFER SUMMARY REPORT (LISTING OF TRANSFER WORK WITH NDSU EQUIVALENT)
Navigator > Records & Enrollment > Transfer Credit Evaluation > Transfer Credit Summary
- VIEW SCHEDULE OF CLASSES (CLASS SEARCH)
Navigator > Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Class Search