Information about Appealing a Deny Decision - Freshman Applicants
Please read the following carefully. The Admission Appeals Committee will review an appeal once all required information has been received by the Office of Admission.
Appealing a deny decision
Students may appeal their deny decision if there is compelling new academic information and/or extenuating personal circumstances that were not previously included in their application. Each appeal is reviewed individually by the Admission Appeals Committee and decisions are based on a careful assessment of the student’s total academic record and appeal.
Please submit the following items:
- A completed Freshman Appeal Form
- A Letter of Explanation that addresses the following:
- Why are you interested in attending NDSU?
- Explain any extenuating circumstances that you feel warrant additional consideration.
- Use supporting evidence to describe how you plan to be successful at NDSU.
- Any additional new and relevant information the committee should consider when reviewing your appeal.
- A Letter of Recommendation that identifies evidence of your ability to be successful at NDSU.
The Admission Appeals Committee will review an appeal once all required information has been received by the Office of Admission. All appeal materials must be received 30 days prior to the start of classes for the term for which admission is requested. Appeals received after this deadline cannot be guaranteed a review.
Submit required materials
Please return all items listed above to:
Office of Admission
NDSU Dept. 5230, PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050