2023-2025 Biennial Budget
NDSU has prepared a needs-based budget, as approved and directed by the ND State Board of Higher Education along with other priorities for consideration.
1. HE Funding Formula: Minimum amount payable (Hold Harmless) | $2,054,479 - $7,591,732
- Permanent restoration of the minimum amount payable NDCC15-18.2-06; slows funding decreases as credit production drops. Provides additional time for strategic planning and efficient reduction of fixed operational costs.
2. HE Funding Formula: Inflationary increase adjustment
- Provide a permanent salary increase adjustment for the student share of 2023-25 compensation package increase. College affordability is a significant factor in recruiting ND students and recruiting out-of-state students.
- Provide permanent operating increase adjustment from general funds.
3. IT Network Infrastructure | $3,201,100
- Request for base general funds for including network infrastructure funding, research and education network resources for Internet2 connectivity, Computational Research, Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC).
4. Behavioral Health Initiative | $1,100,000
- Provides for additional services, to meet the student demand for outreach and prevention efforts to ensure the well-being for campus students.
Capital Project Request
1. Priority — Engineering Project | $111,600,000
- General Funds: $83,700,000
- Special Funds: $27,900,000
Capital Project Authorization Request - Special Funds
- Music Building Addition/Renovation | $20,000,000
- Sudro Hall Small Animal Research Facility Expansion and Renovation | $3,000,000
- Challenge Grant funding — increased pool amount, providing equal amounts to NDSU, UND.
- Capital Building Fund eliminate the proposed revisions by the Interim HE Committee — for private funding match (30%), continue to allow use for academic and auxiliary type buildings with Tier funds.
- Legacy Fund Research Initiative —to create permanent research funding to advance competitive initiatives