Travel Funding Reimbursement Procedures

The Department of English and College of Arts and Sciences supports travel to present at conferences or attend meetings. Please note that funding requests are not guaranteed. Faculty and graduate students are required to:

  1. Submit requests using one of the following forms.
  2. Explain how classes will be covered while gone. 

The online liability form is used to document travel for insurance or liability purposes, so it is crucial to include your travel plan and the telephone number at destination on the liability form. Travelers must fill out the liability form when going out of state on NDSU business, even if that travel is not financially supported by NDSU. 

While funding requests are not guaranteed, all travel fund request forms require the signature of the Department Chair and department support before going to the College of Arts and Sciences Dean.  In addition, NDSU requires that out of state travel be approved by the department chair and Dean; out of country travel needs to be approved by the Chair, Dean, and Provost.


Graduate Student Travel Funding Request Policy

The department requires graduate students to follow this Graduate Student Travel Funding Request Procedure , for which the general steps are as follows:

  1. Graduate students need to consult with their advisors before submitting to a conference in order to get professional advice and approval.
  2. Student and advisor must sign a conference funding request letter. 
  3. That letter must go to the Graduate Director for review.
  4. If approved, the request will come to the Department Chair for final approval.  
Top of page