NDSU students, staff, and faculty come from all over the world and represent the wide variety of ethnic, ideologic, and philosophic backgrounds that make our university community a vibrant place to live and learn. We recognize that there are many facets of life outside the classroom that impact everyone’s well-being.
The following spaces are available to NDSU faculty, staff, and students for reflection, meditation, prayer, or quiet rejuvenation:
- ACE Tutoring: Non-reservable space (no reservation needed) open during ACE hours. Space is located by going to the hallway to the left of the reception area and finding the room to the left of the computer cluster.
- Counseling Center: Stop and Go Center - reservable for 45-minute sessions by calling the Center at 701-231-7671.
- Library: Rooms 118E and 20E (20E coming soon) - reservable through the library reservation system by visiting https://ndsu.libcal.com/r
- Memorial Union: Student organizations may reserve space on an ongoing and routine basis as available - reservable through the Memorial Union Room Reservations Form by visiting https://www.ndsu.edu/mu/conference_and_event_services/forms_and_resources/
The use of these spaces requires respect of all faiths, spiritual beliefs, and practices. So that all enter these spaces with common expectations, here are guidelines to help ensure a peaceful and safe experience for all:
- Use is restricted to the purposes of reflection, meditation, prayer, or quiet disengagement;
- Activities must be in compliance with Policy 153: Smoke-Free Facilities (Section 6);
- Please be mindful of loud noise, including conversation, music, singing, or audible chanting;
- Any form of solicitation is prohibited;
- Religious iconography/pamphlets may not be left;
- Use of electronic devices is prohibited. Please turn off phones before entering and do not text;
- Please limit your stay to 30 minutes if others are waiting;
- Please leave the room as you found it;
- Violation of these requirements may result in restricting individuals from the spaces.
Please contact us for additional information, questions, or other alternatives at:
Equal Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office
Old Main 201
NDSU Main Campus
Fargo, ND 58108