The Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering and Management program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the Gerneal Criteria and the Industrial and Similarly Named Engineering Programs Program Criteria.
The Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Manufacturing and Similiarly Named Engineering Programs Program Criteria.
The ABET accreditation is important, as it ensures that our program:
- Has received international recognition of its quality.
- Promotes “best practices” in education.
- Directly involves faculty and staff in self-assessment and continuous quality improvement processes.
- Is based on “learning outcomes” rather than “teaching inputs.”
- Can more easily determine the acceptability of transfer credits.
Through application of ABET’s quality standards, we seek to achieve a better-educated, geographically mobile, and diverse technical workforce well prepared to advance innovation and excel professionally in fields of critical importance to society. Earning a degree from an ABET accredited program:
- Verifies that your educational experience meets the global standard for technical education in our profession.
- Enhances your employment opportunities, as many companies require graduation from an accredited program.
- Supports your entry into a technical profession through licensure, registration, and certification.
- Establishes your eligibility for many federal student loans, grants, and scholarships.
- Provides greater opportunities to work globally.
Both our Industrial Engineering & Management and Manufacturing programs have important guides that play a crucial role in maintaing the high standards for our academic programs.
IE&M ABET Assessment Manual:
Ensuring our IE&M program aligns with ABET standards, this manual outlines educational objectives, student outcomes, and assessment methods. It is a roadmap for continuous improvement, enhancing the learning experience for our students and preparing them for success in industrial engineering and management.
- Manufacturing ABET Assessment Manual:
Focused on ABET standards for our Manufacturing program, this manual covers curriculum, student performance, and improvement initiatives. Providing transparency on educational objectives and outcomes, it reinforces our commitment to excellence in manufacturing engineering education.
Five years after graduation, our Industrial Engineering and Management graduates and Manufacturing Engineering graduates are expected to:
- Have established a successful career in various fields, including but not limitied to industrial and manufacturing engineering, and beyond, by demonstrating professionalism and ownership of their work with increasing responsibility, positive impact, effective communication, and team participation.
- Have acquired new knowledge and expertise through professional development and/or higher education as a part of their life-long learning and innovative education, professional growth, learning strategies, and community outreach.
- Have demonstrated commitment to uphold higher ethical and professional standards in the workplace and appreciate the impact of diverse opinions and solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Be a productive and engaged citizen by committing to serve their profession and communities at all appropriate levels.
To foster attainment of the educational objectives, the program curriculum has been developed and organized to ensure students will achieve the following outcomes by the time of graduation:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.