Applying as a First-Year International Student
We encourage you to apply in advance of all posted deadlines to make sure that all of your materials arrive in a timely manner.
International First-Year Student Admission Requirements
Applications are evaluated on an individual basis. See the criteria below that the university uses in order to ensure that students are adequately prepared to be successful in their academic pursuits.
Academics and English Proficiency
To be considered for admission, all applicants should have an educational background in the core curriculum of laboratory science, mathematics, social science, and English. A secondary or high school grade point average of at least 2.75 (4.0 scale) or the equivalent in core subjects is recommended. Students who do not meet these minimum guidelines will still be considered for admission if there is evidence in the student’s academic record that demonstrates a high probability of success. In addition, all applicants must demonstrate English proficiency for admission consideration. Learn more about the requirements.
International First-Year Student Admission Procedures
To be considered for admission you must submit the following:
- The application for admission.
- A nonrefundable application fee will be collected through your online application upon submission. An admission decision is not made until the fee is paid.
- Your official academic records for all institutions attended and national exams taken:
- Request that official transcripts be sent directly from your institution to NDSU [see below for mailing address]
- We also accept the following versions of official transcripts from electronic delivery services: National Student Clearinghouse (send to Int’l Undergrad Admissions), Parchment, Credentials eScrip-Safe, SMART/Joint Service Transcript
- If records are not in English, be sure to include a certified English translation
- If we are unable to verify your educational records, we reserve the right to request an external credential evaluation report from a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member such as Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES). Click here for instructions on how to request this report.
- Your English test scores.
- Learn more about the requirements.
Submit Your Documents