International Transfer Admission Requirements
Applications are evaluated on an individual basis. The university uses selective criteria in order to assure adequate preparation which will enable students to be successful in their academic pursuits. NDSU reviews the following criteria:
- Academics and English proficiency - All applicants should have an educational background in the core curriculum of: laboratory science, mathematics, social science and English to be considered for admission. A post-secondary/university grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (4.0 scale) or the equivalent, is recommended. Students who do not meet these minimum guidelines will still be considered for admission if there is evidence in the student's academic record that demonstrates a high probability of success. In addition, all applicants must demonstrate English proficiency for admission consideration. Learn more about the requirements.
International Transfer Admission Procedures
To be considered for admission, you must submit:
- The application for admission.
- A nonrefundable application fee will be collected through your online application upon submission. An admission decision is not made until the fee is paid.
- Official academic records for all institutions attended and national exams taken, based on the following:
- U.S. institutions: Request that official transcripts be sent directly to the NDSU from your institution (see below for mailing address). We also accept the following versions of official transcripts from U.S. institutions sent from the following electronic delivery services: National Student Clearinghouse (send to Int’l Undergrad Admissions), Parchment, Credentials eScrip-Safe, SMART/Joint Service Transcript.
- Non-U.S. institutions: Apply for an official World Education Services (WES) evaluation report or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) evaluation report. Request this report.
** If you are applying for summer or fall semester 2020 and your school is temporarily closed because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we can accept copies of your official transcript by email for admission purposes. If you are admitted to NDSU, you will be required to submit official transcripts before the end of your first semester of study at NDSU.
- Your English test scores.
- Learn more about the requirements.
Submit Your Documents