Page Title



Obtaining Reciprocity Certification in North Dakota

If you want to apply a restricted-use pesticide in North Dakota, you must hold a North Dakota certificate. A valid certification in another state may help you obtain a North Dakota certificate, but it does not substitute for one.

North Dakota may issue a certification on a reciprocal basis, without examination, to non-residents who are certified to use restricted-use pesticides under an EPA-approved program. Whether reciprocity exists or not depends on other state’s regulations and how similar they are to North Dakota. Eligibility for an individual holding a certificate is determined on a case-by-case basis.

Out-of-state applicators and dealers must meet all requirements for certification in North Dakota. These requirements include:

  • A certification fee.
  • Proof of a valid pesticide license or certificate from state of residence
  • A copy of a government issued picture identification.
  • Proof of financial responsibility (applicators only), and
  • An appointment of agent