Fargo is located on the eastern edge of North Dakota, directly across the Red River from its sister city–Moorhead, Minnesota. Together, they form one of the largest metropolitan centers between Minneapolis and Seattle.
With a metro population of approximately 220,000, our community combines small-town friendliness with the cultural offerings or a large city. Some of the features that make Fargo-Moorhead such an amazing place to live, learn, work, and play include:
- An active arts and cultural scene
- An amazing collection of venues for shopping, dining, and entertainment
- A vibrant and flourishing downtown district
- A community that's safe and easy to get around, with free bus service for students both around campus and in the Fargo-Moorhead area
- A thriving economy and entrepreneurial ecosystem