Search committee named for NDSU vice president for student affairs position
NDSU President Dean L. Bresciani has announced the selection of the search committee that will recommend who will succeed Prakash Mathew, who is retiring as vice president for student affairs at the end of the academic year.
The vice president for student affairs provides leadership and vision in creating a campus culture that advocates for and promotes the academic achievement and personal development of all students; fosters collaborative relationships among students, faculty, staff, alumni and the greater community; and is a key leader in providing a safe, welcoming and educationally supportive campus environment for students and guests.
Bresciani selected JoAnn Miller, University Distinguished Professor in music, to chair the search committee.
Other committee members are:
- Jane Schuh; assistant dean, College of Agriculture, Food Systems and Natural Resources
- Kate Haugen, associate vice president for Student Affairs
- Michael Harwood; assistant dean of student life
- Colleen Heimstead; associate athletic director for compliance
- Cynthia Rott; budget director, Finance and Administration
- Aida Martinez-Freeman, director of TRIO Programs and project director for Student Support Services
- Jakelle Cornell; NDSU Alumni Association
- Robbie Lauf, Student Body President
Advertising for the position will begin in October.
NDSU is recognized as one of the nation’s top 108 public and private universities by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education.