Graduate School awards Doctoral Dissertation Fellowships
The NDSU Graduate School has awarded Graduate School Doctoral Dissertation Fellowships to 15 students for the 2014-15 academic year. Each fellowship recipient will receive a stipend distributed during 12 months, plus additional funding for academic travel and supplies.
Application evaluation criteria included a summary of quality of the student’s research and credentials, a timeline for dissertation completion within 12 months and the quality of the adviser’s mentoring plan.
Fellowship recipients are:
• Harsharan Dhillon, cellular and molecular biology/biological sciences
• Justin Fisher, environmental and conservation sciences/biological sciences
• Angela Geraci, health nutrition and exercise science
• Jessica Holmin, psychology
• Mary Laughlin, English
• Ramkumar Moorthy, chemistry and biochemistry
• Yidong Peng, industrial and manufacturing engineering
• Mohyeldin Ragab, civil and environmental engineering
• Sayan Roy, electrical and computer engineering
• John Stenger, plant sciences
• Ai Ni Teoh, psychology
• Nandini Vallavoju, chemistry and biochemistry
• Rui Wang, plant pathology
• Yi Xu, pharmaceutical sciences
• Shuang Zhou, pharmaceutical sciences
NDSU is recognized as one of the nation's top 108 public and private universities by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education.