The North Dakota Crop Improvement and Seed Association has scheduled district meetings Dec. 3-8 for persons who have questions about seed laws or want to learn about new varieties and producing seed.
"Everyone interested in growth and promotion of the North Dakota seed industry is strongly encouraged to attend," said Toni Muffenbier, association office manager.
The district, date, time and location of the meetings are:
• Southwest, Dec. 3, 1 p.m., Northern Great Plains Research Lab, USDA-Agricultural Research Service, Mandan
• Northwest, Dec. 4, 9 a.m., NDSU North Central Research Extension Center, Minot
• Northeast, Dec. 5, 9 a.m., Fireside Inn and Suites, Devils Lake
• Southeast, Dec. 8, 9:30 a.m., Days Inn, Casselton
Business meeting topics include a financial report, county membership and checkoff update, Dakota Select Seed update, district resolutions and elections.
Program topics to be covered during the meetings include:
• Research fee update and impact - Dale Zetocha, NDSU Research Foundation executive director
• State Seed Department update - Ken Bertsch or Jason Goltz, North Dakota State Seed Department representative
• Small-grain variety update - NDSU Extension Service representative
• Foundation Seedstocks update - Gonzalo Rojas, NDSU Foundation Seedstocks assistant director
For more information, contact Muffenbier at 701-231-8067 or email@example.com.
NDSU is recognized as one of the nation's top 108 public and private universities by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education.