NDSU faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts in an awards ceremony on campus Dec. 10.
David Buchanan, associate dean for academic programs in the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources, and Chris Boerboom, director of the NDSU Extension Service, presented the awards during the 24th annual Agriculture and Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program. Forty-nine people were nominated this year.
The 2015 award recipients were:
•Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award - Jason Harmon, assistant professor in the School of Natural Resource Sciences
• Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award - William Wilson, professor of agribusiness and applied economics
• Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award - Teresa Bergholz, assistant professor of veterinary and microbiological sciences
• H. Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award - Thomas Bon, associate professor of agricultural and biosystems engineering
• William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award - Elton Solseng, instructor of agricultural and biosystems engineering
• Myron and Muriel Johnsrud Excellence in Extension/Outreach Award - Abbey Wick, Extension soil health specialist in the School of Natural Resource Sciences
• AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award - Rita Ussatis, Extension agent for Cass County
• Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award - Dallas Morlock, computer programmer for the North Dakota Agricultural Weather Network
• Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award - Kamie Beeson, information systems management/secretarial support services in the Department of Plant Sciences
• Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award - Terri Lindquist, finance paraprofessional, Hettinger Research Extension Center
As a student-focused, land grant, research university, we serve our citizens.