Three NDSU communication professionals earned recognition in the 2016 North Dakota Professional Communicators (NDPC) communications contest.
The three are:
Becky Koch, director, Agriculture Communication
· First and second in magapapers/tabloids for the Ag Mag magazine about agriculture for North Dakota’s third-, fourth- and fifth-graders.
· Honorable mention in website edited or managed by the entrant for her work on the Agriculture Communication website
Carol Renner, communication specialist, dean’s office, College of Health Professions
· First in single news or feature release for an article about biological sciences research on circadian rhythms that control internal body clocks
· Second in audiovisuals for a video that provides information to students on how to share research results with the public in a nontechnical manner to increase the visibility of research conducted at NDSU
Ellen Crawford, information specialist, Agriculture Communication
· First in specialty articles (agriculture, agribusiness or aquaculture) for articles on the starter flock program, a joint effort by the NDSU Extension Service and North Dakota Lamb and Wool Producers Association, and NDSU Extension’s Design Your Succession Plan program
· Second in news story for an article about the Master Gardener program
· Second and honorable mention in publications regularly edited by entrant for her work on The Ranch Hand and Nourishing Boomers and Beyond newsletters, respectively
· Third in news story for an article on the Rural Leadership North Dakota program
The awards were presented April 21 during the NDPC spring conference in Minot, N.D.