NDSU faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts Dec. 8.
Ken Grafton, vice president for agricultural affairs, director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station and dean of the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources; David Buchanan, associate dean for academic programs; and Chris Boerboom, NDSU Extension Service director, presented the awards during the 25th annual Agriculture and Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program. Forty-seven people were nominated this year.
The 2016 award recipients were:
• Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award – Robert Brueggeman, associate professor of plant pathology
• Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award – Kimberly Vonnahme, professor of animal sciences
• Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award – Christina Hargiss, assistant professor in the School of Natural Resource Sciences
• H.Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award – R.Jay Goos, professor in the School of Natural Resource Sciences
• William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award – Shelly Swandal, student services director in the Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics
• Myron and Muriel Johnsrud Excellence in Extension/Outreach Award – Andrew Robinson, Extension potato agronomist in the Department of Plant Sciences
• AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award – Carl Dahlen, Extension beef cattle specialist in the Department of Animal Sciences
• Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award – Steven "Skip" Anderson, sheep unit manager in the Department of Animal Sciences
• Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award – Sharon Lane, distribution center manager in Agriculture Communication
• Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award – David Pearson, agricultural research technician at the Hettinger Research Extension Center
As a student-focused, land grant, research university, we serve our citizens.