Three NDSU communication professionals received awards in the 2017 National Federation of Press Women communications competition.
Ellen Crawford, information specialist in Agriculture Communication, was presented:
· First in reports for her role in Annual Highlights 2016, the annual report for the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station and NDSU Extension Service
· Second for specialty articles (agriculture, agribusiness, aquaculture) for articles on NDSU Extension’s programming to assist North Dakota’s livestock industry and Extension’s pesticide program
· Honorable mention for news story in a magazine, newsletter or other non-newspaper print publication for an article on NDSU cow pregnancy research
Becky Koch, Agriculture Communication director, received:
· First in magapapers/tabloids for the fruits and vegetables issue of AgMag, a publication to help North Dakota’s third-, fourth- and fifth-graders learn more about agriculture
· Honorable mention in writing for the web for NDSU Extension’s Branding and Communications website
Carol Renner, College of Health Professions communications specialist, was awarded:
· Second in social media campaign (nonprofit, government or educational) for the NDSU School of Pharmacy’s celebration of National Pharmacists Week
They received the awards during the organization’s recent annual conference in Birmingham, Alabama. The entries advanced to the national contest after receiving first place in the North Dakota Professional Communicators’ communications contest.
As a student-focused, land grant, research institution, we serve our citizens.