Organizers of the Safe Zone Ally Program have developed an online training tutorial through Blackboard. The information provided in the tutorial is essentially the same information participants would receive when attending one of the regular two-hour training sessions.
To participate in the Safe Zone Ally Program online training tutorial, follow these instructions:
1. Go to blackboard.ndsu.nodak.edu.
2. Choose “Click here to login” or the “Login” icon at the top of the screen.
3. Log in to Blackboard using your NDSU login and password (the ones you use to get into Webmail, cluster machines and classroom instructional machines).
4. Click on the “My Organizations” tab at the top of the screen.
5. Click on the “Browse Organization Catalog” link.
6. In the “Search Catalog” box at the top of the page, search for Organization Name Contains “Safe Zone” by setting the values in the drop down choices (if necessary) and entering “Safe Zone” into the last box. Then click on the “GO” button.
7. The “NDSU Safe Zone” organization name should appear on the screen. Click on the “Enroll” button on the right to enroll yourself in the Blackboard organization for Safe Zone.
8. Choose the “My Organizations” tab again and find the NDSU Safe Zone organization listed in “My Organizations.” Click on the link to enter the tutorial.
9. When you have completed the tutorial and taken the brief quiz, e-mail Kara.Gravley-Stack@ndsu.edu if you wish to be added to the list of NDSU Safe Zone Allies.
Safe Zone is a program sponsored by the Equity and Diversity Center and educates participants about sexual orientation, gender identity and expression. During the training session, participants also will learn about the history of the program at NDSU, coming out, heterosexual privilege, homophobia and how to be an ally.
Safe Zone is a network of allies who support the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer community at NDSU.
For more information, contact Kara Gravley-Stack, Equity and Diversity Center director, at email@example.com or 1-7091.