Several NDSU alumni have been recognized in the annual “40 Under 40” list published in Prairie Business magazine’s December issue.
Prairie Business editor Tom Dennis saluted the high achievers in the issue’s Editor’s Note. “What’s certain is that all 40 would be exceptional mayors, council members or local legislators, because they’ve mastered the ability to listen to others, to compromise and to get along,” he wrote.
The NDSU alumni include:
• Scott Ayash, BS ’07, physics, who is the principal research manager at the Energy and Environmental Research Center in Grand Forks, North Dakota
• Derek Hoeschen, BS ’02, construction management, who is the general manager of McGough Construction Co. in Fargo
• Mike McLean, BS ’06, environmental design, MArch ’07, architecture, who is an architect and market leader for JLG Architects in Grand Forks
• Mitch Okeson, BS ’03, MS ’05, civil engineering, who is principal engineer for Sandman Structural Engineers in Moorhead, Minnesota
• Joel Paulsen, BS ’05, civil engineering, who is senior associate and office leader at Stantec Consulting in Fargo
• Kayla Pulvermacher, BS ’05, political science, who is the legislative and member advocacy supervisor for the North Dakota Farmers Union in Mandan, North Dakota
• Greg Thompson, BS ’03, civil engineering, who is a project manager and principal for Houston Engineering in Fargo.
Prairie Business is a monthly publication that focuses on business and economic issues in the Upper Great Plains region.
As a student-focused, land grant, research university, we serve our citizens.