As described by the NDSU Safe Zone website, an ally is a member of the majority group who works to end oppression in their personal and professional life through support of and as advocates for an oppressed group. In Residence Life, we strive to be allies and advocates. The following list is our current staff who are Safe Zone Allies.
(SZA = Safe Zone Ally; TGA =Transgender Ally; Upstander = Upstander Ally, Ally has completed advanced training)
- Burgum: Emily Tiefenthaler (SZA), email@example.com , 701-231-3231
- Churchill/Dinan: Ryan Brinkman (SZA, TGA, Upstander), firstname.lastname@example.org, 701-231-3236
- Cater: Emma Marshall (SAZ, TGA, Upstander), email@example.com, 701-231-3151
- MLLC: Lizz Reese (SZA, TGA, Upstander), firstname.lastname@example.org, 701-231-3221
- Niskanen: Dallas Lancenese (SZA), email@example.com , 701-231-3234
- Pavek: Samuel Elinson (SZA), firstname.lastname@example.org , 701-231-3233
- Reed/Johnson: Shiloh Susag (SZA, TGA), email@example.com, 701-231-4390
- Seim: Logan Staton (SZA, TGA, Upstander), firstname.lastname@example.org, 701-231-3235
- Sevrinson: Hannah Hamilton (SZA), email@example.com , 701-231-3238,
- Stockbridge: Giovanni Escalera (SZA, TGA, Upstander), firstname.lastname@example.org, 701-231-3234
- Thompson: Amolia Schumacher (SZA, TGA, Upstander), email@example.com, 701-231-3237
- Weible: Shiloh Susag (SZA, TGA), firstname.lastname@example.org, 701-231-3238
Directors Team & Central Staff
- Bill Frazier (SZA, TGA), Associate Director, email@example.com, 701-231-8446
- Brooks Hetle (SZA), Associate Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 701-2311880
- Carol Jergenson (SZA, TGA, Upstander), Assistant Director for Residential Ed., email@example.com, 701-231-5603
- Rian Nostrum (SZA, TGA), Director of Residence Life, firstname.lastname@example.org, 701-231-7890
- Tara Ferkinhoff (SZA), Assistant Director of Marketing, email@example.com, 701.231.6306
Resident Assistants and Complex Managers
Resident Assistants and Complex Managers all participate in Safe Zone training.
Report Bias, Bigotry, or Hate: If you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct, and/or retaliation and want to ensure that NDSU is able to fully respond to your concerns, you are encouraged to submit a Complaint Form. Please note that NDSU may be limited in its response if you submit an anonymous report.