PREPARING TO MOVE IN
Welcome Home to NDSU Residence Life.
Here are some of the most important things to know as you prepare to move in!
Beds and Linens
Each hall has a different mattress size and bed lofting system. To find out your bed type, or to order custom linens, click here.
Specific Hall/Room Information
Your hall will be your home away from home. Check out everything it has to offer, including its unique features and amenities. Room renderings, room photos and floor plans (room measurements) are also important to view. All of this and more can be found by visiting your specific hall’s webpage, which is listed in the left navigation under Residence Hall Information.
Amenities and Features
Every hall has its own unique amenities and features, but all halls offer the following: printing stations, onsite mail, coinless laundry, cleaning supplies, cable and free video streaming services, rec lounges, study lounges, community kitchen, wifi, hall office with games/videos/entertainment options, and secure keyless card entrances.
Room and Roommate Assignment Information
To review your hall/room assignment or to view your roommate's name and email address, log on to Campus Connection, select Self-Service, then On-Campus Housing. Follow the prompts to the main Housing Portal Dashboard where you will be able to view housing messages, room assignment, roommate info, and meal plan.
We encourage you to reach out to Residence Life with all and any questions you have! You can also click here to check out some of our most frequently asked questions!
Below is some information to note for your big move to NDSU!
What Your Room Includes
- Internet access
- Basic cable TV service with 50+ channels, including Reslife Cinema and mtvU
- Window coverings (blinds or curtains)
- Wardrobe/dresser, desk and chair
- Single bed mattress
- ALL UTILITIES - heat/water/garbage/electricity
Available to You:
- Light bulbs
- Kitchenette: Each hall has a kitchenette located in a common area; these include ovens and sinks. The Mathew Living Learning Centers and Niskanen Hall have kitchens in all units.
- Cleaning supplies - may vary by hall
- Each residence hall has a trash room where students can find cleaning supplies, garbage bags, recycling bins, and places to put their full garbage bags.
- Toilet paper in restrooms (except the MLLC)
- Coinless washers and dryers (money not needed)
Things You Should Bring:
- Clothes hangers
- Fan (Pavek, Niskanen, Burgum, Churchill, and the Mathew Living/Learning Centers have air conditioning. In the rest of the halls you will want to bring a fan.)
- Linens and pillow
- Towels or washcloths
- Alarm clock
- Reading light (not halogen)
- Surge protector - U.L. approved
- Adequate renter's insurance
- White poster putty or 3M removable mounting squares - no nails or tacks in the walls, please
- Laundry detergent
Things You Can Bring:
- Computer (don't forget an ethernet cable for connecting to the internet for the quickest, most secure connection)
*We have many computer clusters on campus that are available 24 hours a day
- Small bookcase
- Refrigerator (5 cubic ft or less)
- Microwave (1000 watts or less)
- Favorite chair (Can only bring single seaters)
- Large area rug, throw rug or carpet (urethane or jute back- no taping, please)
- Small entertainment center
- TV set and cable cord
- Coffee maker with automatic shut off
Things to Leave at Home:
- Candles, incense and candle warmers
- Couches, loveseats and futons(or other furniture that seats more than one person)
- Space heaters
- Halogen lamps (floor or desk)
- Purchased or home-built lofts
- Bed risers
- Alcohol and alcohol containers of any kind
- Exercise and weight lifting equipment
- Pets - except fish in a 10 gallon or less aquarium
- Hot plates, toasters, bread makers, or any appliance with an open heating element
- Wireless Routers
- Outlet splitters
- Paintball and Airsoft guns
- Portable air conditioner
Sometimes the student demand for housing is greater than the number of spaces we have to offer on campus. As such, we may utilize overflow spaces to accommodate our residents.
Move-in Day Driving Directions
On move-in day it is very important to use the driving directions provided here. Do NOT use your GPS to get to campus, or to your hall.
Move-in Day Details
Move-in day is Saturday, Aug. 18 from 8am - 1pm. Get details here!